awkward nite-ize behavior

Illum

Flashaholic
I recently bought another nite-ize 2AA 3LED module and installed it in the minimag....the color was teal and the output was less than half, weak output.:rant::ohgeez:

I hooked up to the variable power supply running my previous module in parallel...at 3V my other module was at full brightness while the new module was a weak teal color:candle:, I adjusted the powersupply to 1.5V [~1.8 on my voltmeter], my old module ran white at half intensity while the new module emitted only a slight teal from the embedded die:ohgeez:.

I know for sure i will burn out the module if i clocked the Vin at 4.5V [I burned out one module already under a few seconds, i oughta know:ohgeez:], but i thought "well, see what happens since its unuseable anyway:grin2:," well, it lit at the same brightness and comparable output to my old module.:popcorn::naughty:

so my question is....is there a possibility the module may have been installed with an incorrect resistor value...say alittle high?

pec50

Enlightened
I had a similar experience with one of the minimag dropins -- went to teal and dropped to about half intensity. Reference the nite-ize site and call the 800 number as they have a first rate replacement policy.

InfidelCastro

Banned
does the resistor have colored bands on it? I'm too lazy to look at mine, the colored bands would tell you the value, otherwise put a multimeter across it.

Spordin

Enlightened
I threw mine away. Don't have time to mess with toy crap like that. Lesson learned.

Illum

Flashaholic
as far as i know the resistors somewhere embedded in the ic, no resistor observable in the circuitry, but thats one explanation i can think of...oh well..ill run the minimag using 3 n cells