collectionth6.gif

That's an ARC LS with 3 vials, an Aleph 1 with 6 and my ARC AAA

My EDC ARC AAA:
arcaaacq1.gif

and in the light:
arccloseupes6.gif

Close up for those who want a BIG shot of it:
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/8305/arccloseupnq6.gif

I used a small file to cut the grooves in there and sealed it in epoxy - the bubbles don't have any effect on the visiability of the glow. I used the .7x2x8mm that vaism sells.

I showed you mine - now show me yours!

Josh

jtice

Flashaholic
I got some new trit today :devil:
But, mine are for a different use :naughty:

These are TruGlo TFO Fiber Optic/Tritium Sights,
freshly installed on my brand new Glock 19 :D

IMG_3260.sized.jpg

IMG_3252.sized.jpg

IMG_3256.sized.jpg

~John

PB92

Newly Enlightened
Newbie Question: When you guys mount the trits on the lens, do they go on the inside or outside? Are they mounted directly to the lens or the inside of the benzel? TY!

trivergata

Enlightened
The way I do mine (and I've never seen anyone else do it in the head) is with 5 minute epoxy. I mix it and allow it to cure to the "tack" (2 minutes or so) stage and then glue it directly to the reflector by dipping one side into the epoxy with tweezers, and then placing it on the reflector. Then I place the reflector upside down so the vials cannot slide into the reflector as the epoxy cures (lay down paper or plastic wrap first so you don't glue it to the table), and they get lined up right on the front of the reflector. Use VERY little epoxy - the vials are light and the epoxy is strong - you should not notice the epoxy at all when you are done, unless you know it's there. If you time it right, you can CAREFULLY peel off any excess epoxy as it turns rubbery without any real damage to the reflector. You will see the vials effect the beam a bit, but not much - even on my ARC LS and it's tiny reflector and big vials, it's not really noticable except when hunting walls, and then it makes a cool star-beam effect. Being inside the lens gives these fragile little guys the protection they need.

Just be sure to get them lined up right the FIRST time.

Josh

Last edited:

vetkaw63

Enlightened
I'm not sure if I should ask this here but, has anybody drilled their stock handgun sights for tritium insallation? How did you do it?
Mike

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast

I got the sign to use two of the 5 1/2" for a map reader. I am going to sell the rest of them (4-2 1/2" 2-5 1/2" and 2-1 1/2") MAN date 10-06.
C

mountaineer

Newly Enlightened
I droped my 6P with a 3w drop-in one night while out for a walk with my Dog and had a hard time finding the thing . (I only had a freedom micro for a back-up )
ohgeez.gif
. So I came up with this :

IMG_0838Surefire6P.jpg

That wasent enough so I did this to the light I love the most , my L5 .

DSCN1034.jpg

DSCN1032.jpg
DSCN1031.jpg

DSCN1026.jpg

It´s also bord-out to run on 18650´s , Now I can find my baby if it ever gets droped in the dark or find it on the nightstand in the mittle of the night .
grinser2.gif

Kenny

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
nice photos guys... specifically bart! :lolsign:

bart don't get radiated...

Last edited:

PB92

Newly Enlightened
Thanks trivergata. Will the trits effect the beam at all on the reflector/under the lens?