Surefire tailcap on a Fenix L1T

tetranitrate

Newly Enlightened
I would like to know if anyone has attempted to put a SF clickie on a Fenix L1T. :devil: Before I go out and buy a bunch of things only to find out they don't work, I'd like to do a little investigation first. It's relatively easy to get flashlight dimensions, but to get individual component dimensions is proving to be somewhat difficult.

If anyone's done this what did it entail?

Basically I'm looking for the dimensions of the body the tailcaps go onto, since it would be easiest to measure that. With Fenix being overseas and SF domestic (in US), I suspect Fenix may be in mm, and SF in inches.

Here is what I'm looking for:
1. OD (outer diameter) of the threaded section of the body
2. Thread section length (from end of the body to how far up the body the threads reach
3. Thread pitch (threads per inch)
4. Body thickness (in case I need to do a little work with a die)
5. How far in or out the tailcap spring protrudes

The dimensiosn (above) of any one or more of the following bodies:
1. SF E1x or E2x (Z57/61)
2. Cx, Dx, G2, or Mx (Z58/59)
3. Fenix L1T/L2T

Thanks.

tetranitrate

Newly Enlightened
No responses :mecry:

I suppose this is the wrong forum for this question. So if it makes more sense for the mod forum, can an admin move it there?

Thanks.

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
E-series threads are 11/16" by 20 TPI (NS), the bodies have threads the first .20" from the end to the O-ring groove and that same diameter extends to .385"

Tail spring extends .237" past the tailcap.

Fenix threads are .75mm per thread. All I have is a Fenix L1+ and the thread diameter is 18.5mm and I know that is different than the aluminum bodied fenix threads, IIRC the diameter is less on the Aluminum ones, but the pitch is still .75mm.