sportsmans warehouse brand 3 watt

dimlight

Newly Enlightened
i got two of them and they are very nice, they cost 39.99 each. they run on 2 cr123a,two stege,cnc aluminum,and a textured reflector. i think thay are a rebrand of the Q3 by nuwai. for 39.99 they blow away the dorcy super 3 watt and the brinkmann 3 watt.

dimlight

Newly Enlightened
Copy%20of%20IMAG0024.JPG
ures/Copy%20of%20IMAG0026.JPG[/img]

Last edited:

dimlight

Newly Enlightened
i tried to post a pic and it didn't work. if someone can give me a run down on how to it i would. because this is a nice light.

tedjanxt

Enlightened
Because you are trying to link us to your hard drive :)

You need to have the image "hosted" somewhere on the internet to be able to link it.

I went to their website to see if I could find your light and leech some bandwidth, but it doesnt appear they have an online catalog.

If you want to email a pic (done by digital camera) of it to me, then send me a PM and I will give you my email address. You can then send it to me and I will host it for you.

ST

*edit* Yea, right sidebar "E-commerce is not available at this time"

Bummer.

dimlight

Newly Enlightened
well i did a test tonight, all with new batts, 50 foot and 100 foot away into trees.
sportmans 3 watt- at 50 much brighter then brinkmann maxfire lx , and same as the streamlight nf-2, at 100foot the 3watt could wash out the maxfire as for the nf-2 i would say they are all most the same.
but at 125 to 135 feet or so the nf-2 takes over big time. so at 100 foot this thing is bright.

dimlight

Newly Enlightened
well i did a test tonight, all with new batts, 50 foot and 100 foot away into trees.
sportmans 3 watt- at 50 much brighter then brinkmann maxfire lx , and same as the streamlight nf-2, at 100foot the 3watt could wash out the maxfire as for the nf-2 i would say they are all most the same.
but at 125 to 135 feet or so the nf-2 takes over big time. so at 100 foot this thing is bright.

lumenal

Enlightened
I too purchased the Sportsmans Warehouse 3 watt Luxeon 2-stage flashlight a couple days ago. So far, I'm very pleased.

It is double o-ringed, very well machined, comes in olive-drab and has great, white output. But the 2 stage tailswitch (reverse clicky) works awesome. There is a real nice high output, followed by a real low output with just a click of the switch. It feels very solid. Well worth the $39.99...

It wasn't listed on their website though...

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I reviewed this light some time ago if you want pictures...

Perhaps they've updated the model, but I wasn't too impressed by mine when I bought it about 2 years ago. The optic projects a nice image of the rectangular die and produces approximately zero spill.

Solid build, but thermal management need some work since the luxeon star is sandwiched between two metal cylinders with a slide fit against the head. I wouldn't run it on high for prolonged stretches of time without looking into some serious thermal upgrades.

Were it not packed up, I would break out the multimeter and determine what the total resistance is in the head. The connector PCB up there has two 1- or 2-watt resistors in parallel.

I think I paid $30 for mine on clearance. $20 would be a better price.

Last edited:

lumenal

Enlightened
Idleprocess- I looked at your review from a couple years ago, and the current Sportsmans Warehouse light is totally different.

Gone is the optic, it now comes with a textured aluminum reflector, behind a crellenated bezel. The current version doesn't resemble the one you had at all. Its got a real heavy, solid feel to it, looks like its very weather- proof, and casts a nice white (and round) beam, with good spill.

It also has a steel pocket clip. When clicked on, it goes high, a very nice low, and then off. It is very smooth. Now easy guys, but it kind of looks like a poor mans L2.

The packaging states it was built in 2006, in China, and it is still distributed by the Foundton company. But the light is not on their website.

Its item #52982 at Sportsmans Warehouse. It appears to be a major improvement over the version of a couple years ago...:rock:

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Good to hear that Sportsman's Warehouse has dropped the model I have. Maybe that's why it was on "clearance" and they weren't moving too many at the original $50 retail price.

lumenal

Enlightened
postalguy said:

No,the lights in the flyer refer to camo patterned multi-led lights. The new 2 stage 3 watt Luxeon is olive-drab and blows those type lights away (S.W. has demos for most of their lights).

If there is a S.W. near you, check 'em out. I've had mine for 3 days and really like it. Well worth the $39.99 IMHO...

lumenal

Enlightened
cheapo said:

The head and bezel look similar - not exact - where the machining on the rest of the body is different. The tailcap switch is different, as well the way this light turns on. ( High, low, off ).

This light was made this year (according to enclosed info), so it may be an updated version from Nuwai. ( It wasn't on their site).

I looked into the battery tube and saw G&P stamped in 3 tiny spots on back of the module. Checked their website and it wasn't listed.

It would sure be easier if I has access to a camera, but I don't...

Juicespeare1

Newly Enlightened
I just bought one too, it's different than all the suggestions so far.

The Sportman's Warehouse model number is Item #52982 and it's made by www.foundton.com but it's not on their website.

The light is pretty well made and is a reverse clickie, not the usual Nuwai tail switch which is normal clickie with momentary ON. The reverse clickie is the only complaint I have so far since there is no momentary ON.

It appears to be well made, but the head is not removeable.

On a positive note, the reflector is textured and the light output is very smooth and fairly white in color. Not anywhere as blue or green as my other Lux's.

Also, the lens appears to be glass and not plastic. Too bad the head is not removeable, so if you break the glass it's not replaceable. I suspect the head can be removed with strap wrenches if enough force is applied.

I can take a picture and email it, but have no place to host.