MAGLED 2AA Hits UK CPFer!!

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stop press!

I finally found a shop in London, UK that stocks the 2AA and 3AA MAGLED lights (actually and tha 2,3 and 4D cell lights as well). Although at a much higher price than in the US (C'est la geurre!).

I couldn't resist a 2AA, this form factor was my first experience of a quality torch way back when they first came out sometime in the eighties. I think I paid £25 then, which was more than half my weekly wage!! But I loved it and the rest is flashaholic history.

This light was £40, which in real terms versus what I earn now is a splash in the ocean, so you see, I had to get it. (The 3AA was £45 and can wait till another day...or maybe lunchtime!)

Only had it for about half an hour now, but very pleased with it. Brighter than my Fenix L1P, ARC +4, and INOVA T1, and with a much whiter tint and variable hotspot. It comes with a servicable holster but no lanyard hole in the tailcap - not a problem for me. Any colour you like as long as it's black or pewter.

Test it against a few more lights later.

Christmas is coming!

I hope this torch thing catches on.

Be lucky...

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
We have the similar situation in Australia, around Au 89.00 for the 2AA Led M@g
and AU 149.50AU for the 3D model, I just held off and bought the LedLenser 2AA V Focus
for $49.00 AU. Until the price drops I can't justify paying that amount for the LedM@g

Jedi Knife

Enlightened
Nycto,

Good to see the Mags going abroad. It's about time Mag upgraded to LED! I've got one in the silvery/pewter color. The MiniMag is an elegant, slim, easy to carry design. The finish is smooth, non-abrasive and rides easy in tight pockets. I hope that they one day go back to the lanyard tailcap, and would like to see a heavy duty pocket clip available one day. I think this is a great light and glad you like it too.

Cheers, from the US!

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any UKers interested in the new Mag-LEDs should try here first...

http://www.brighterlight.co.uk/

They seem to have all the range and they are a bit cheaper than what Nycto paid for his...postage is free and I've ordered from them once with no problems (recieved my order within 24 hours).

(they also have copper coloured 2D's as well...which are new to me...quite tasty 'lookin)

If you find the new Mags cheaper anywhere else please remember to share your sources!

CFU

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
nice website, buy any standard maglite and save £10 on the LED upgrade.

but their maglite bulbs are a bit pricey try the site below for more realistic prices.

http://www.t2retail.co.uk/

regards.

John.

Casual Flashlight User said:
Any UKers interested in the new Mag-LEDs should try here first...

http://www.brighterlight.co.uk/

They seem to have all the range and they are a bit cheaper than what Nycto paid for his...postage is free and I've ordered from them once with no problems (recieved my order within 24 hours).

(they also have copper coloured 2D's as well...which are new to me...quite tasty 'lookin)

If you find the new Mags cheaper anywhere else please remember to share your sources!

CFU

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good call Casual Flashlight User!

But, I saw it in the shop and I had to have it there and then! You know how it is! Buy it, decline the bag and rip open the package there and then. A much more decadant pleasure than mail order!

Not sure I like the holster, though. No flap = easily dropable and nickable.

Hey ho...

frosty

Enlightened
I received my 2AA minimag led the other day, from Alin10123 via the group buy. It was under £20 including the postage and only took a week to arrive! I would recommend purchasing this way.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw it in the shop and I had to have it there and then! You know how it is! Buy it, decline the bag and rip open the package there and then.

Aye, fair comment Nycto...I remember doing that with me Star Wars figures when I was a kid...Hell, who am I kidding, I still do it today (but not with little figures obviously).
smile.gif

Not sure I like the holster, though. No flap = easily dropable and nickable.

Inova stylee!
buttrock.gif

CFU

Dawg

Enlightened
MAGLED 2AA Hits UK CPFer................Jeesh, what a title. I thought a UK CPFer got hit with a Magled 2AA. I was worried someone got hurt and Mag was going to get sued for a change. :grin2:

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dawg, well, it's early days yet... my wife doesn't know I bought it and I haven't tried my 'hurling torch high into the night sky with my eyes closed' trick yet. So watch this space for lumps.

Be lucky....

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also got my Mag Leds from Alin10123´s group buy offer. Very satisfied with his service.

Unfortunately these lights are even worse than I thougt (just got them for curiosity and to lend around, better them than any of my good lights).
Compared with another 2AA light (Fenix L2P) they are:
* MUCH 2 long!
* weaker
* only one level (made the 2-stage head mod at Fenix)
* less advanced (anodizing, lens material, ...)
and then there is the lack of some good thoughts concerning heatsinking the whole thing.

But I have to admit, Maglite did a good job to underdrive the light to have the batts last for about 5 hours, like their incans do. Thats a runtime the "usual user" might expect from such a light.
(my 2 AA model draws about 400 mA, which makes 5 hours from good NiMhs)

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast