G2 helmet mount

FireFighter05

Newly Enlightened
Hey all,

I am in need of a mount that will hold my SF G2 or my 6P on the side of my fire helmet for a hands free light. Does anyone know where I could find one?? Any help is very much appreciated!!

Thanks!

Dave

Mikeg23

Enlightened
Maybe you could modify one of the nite ize products. They have a head band, but you would have to make the strap longer. That is if the G2 fits in the holder.

Check out their website.

ETA: Also check out Streamlights website. Scroll down to their helmet lighting kit in the head lamp section.

Last edited:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't know enough about firefighting to know if it's feasible or not, but both of those lights have pretty short run times, and if I recall, it's not generally a good idea to take a metal light (6P) into a fire. Have you considered something like the SL 4aa PP Lux that Streamlight offers? They have a complete kit with helmet mount as well.

FireFighter05 said:
Hey all,

I am in need of a mount that will hold my SF G2 or my 6P on the side of my fire helmet for a hands free light. Does anyone know where I could find one?? Any help is very much appreciated!!

Thanks!

Dave

FireFighter05

Newly Enlightened
Brighteyez said:
Don't know enough about firefighting to know if it's feasible or not, but both of those lights have pretty short run times, and if I recall, it's not generally a good idea to take a metal light (6P) into a fire. Have you considered something like the SL 4aa PP Lux that Streamlight offers? They have a complete kit with helmet mount as well.

Thanks for your help guys. The only thing I worry about the metal body of my 6P would it be that it conducts heat and would cause the batteries to get too hot. At what temperature would the CR123's start to feel the burn :)? I would probably use the G2 just bc its cheaper and I would not feel as bad about loosing it or FUBAR-ing it. I wonder if SF would cover a melted G2...

I thought about the SL 4AA PP, but the beam of a SF cuts through smoke very well. I have no experience with the SL though. I will probably look into one...

metalhed said:
I'm not sure if these are quite up to holding a G2, but they might be.
metalhed said:

I will definitely look into this mount. If it holds the PM6, the G2 should not be a problem. Thanks Metal...

FireFighter05

Newly Enlightened
Metalhead or anyone else,
Does anyone have any idea where I can buy that light mount? Pelican only has it listed as an accessory for the M6 and it does not give you the option of buying it...