Deal on FifthUnit LED Keychain lights - 10 for $4.99 delivered

Mr_Light

Enlightened
This is a pretty good deal on FifthUnit's LED keychain lights. You can order 10 for $4.99 delivered. These appear as bright as any I have found and the clear case adds to the sidespill and visibility. In small quantities I think this is as cheap as you can get. I had bought 20 of them in the past for the outrageous price of almost $.74 a piece and am very happy with them.

http://contents.fifthunit.com/html/products.5th/category_special_2.html

This is a special deal for the next week or so.

Oracle

Newly Enlightened
I'm thinking about getting a set of those keychain lights. Is Fifthunit a reputable supplier, and how long does shipping take?

infection0

Newly Enlightened
Fifthunit is reputable as much as a Chinese-based site can be, however they take like a little less than a month to ship to you from china. Ugh. If you can stomach the wait, you'll trade time for a really, really good deal compared to other dealers. I have a set of these keychains and for one reason or another they kill my Xnova 8LED AA when they are full on batteries... they dim quickly as the batteries drain.

lexina

Enlightened
I have bought a couple of 14V xenon lamp assemblies from fifthunit before. As infection0 said, if you are willing to wait a little longer than usual, the things do eventually arrive. I guess it's a trade off between price and waiting time

Oracle

Newly Enlightened
Concept said:
Sounds like a good stocking stuffer.

Yeah it does. I'm going on a trip to see relatives in about 3 weeks, I thought these would be good to hand out but it sounds like I won't get them in time if they take a month.

Thanks for the replies.

InfidelCastro

Banned
Do they use 2032 batteries or two of the thinner 2016 ones? I could use a replacement 2032 for my Photonlight.

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeh, I ordered some before I noticed that they were only 12,000 mcd rated.

I normally buy 16,000 mcd from ebay, much brighter.

FifthUnit, seem to be ok though.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is the cheapest I have ever seen these sold for with shipping included, and for such a small amount of them to buy as well. Awesome deal! I'm looking now for other stuff to buy on their site, does anyone have any suggestions?

Mr_Light

Enlightened
They use a pair of 2016s.

Another piece of advice is to order any FREE shipping items in separate orders. There is no benefit in combining different items and you don't want something that gets back ordered delaying your whole shipment.

InfidelCastro said:
Do they use 2032 batteries or two of the thinner 2016 ones? I could use a replacement 2032 for my Photonlight.

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got the email today that my order is being shipped, the Hemse and Hovet RCR123s.
Now, the 2+ week wait....

Skashkash

Newly Enlightened
I've been ordering a fair amount from fifth unit over the last couple of months. Shipping times have been averaging about two weeks per order to NYC. Last order was a bit delayed, may be due to national holidays over in HK. Quality will vary, some of the stuff is junk, others (especially the flashlights so far) is pretty good.

This is a great price on the led key chain lights. I got ten @ the old .69 price and they are pretty good. Certainly great for giveaways.

ecnica

Newly Enlightened
I ordered some stuff on 9/24 (ultrafire 1 cr123 3w led) and they shipped it on 9/30, we'll see when it gets here, I ordered stuff from Leshoppe before and I got the package about 1 week after I ordered here in Texas. My coworker sends stuff back and forth between here and HK and she says it usually takes a week (regular mail).

BTW, has anyone ordered their G&P 6v clone, I'm thinking of getting it for my Cyclops that I picked up from Sam's since I heard you can fit a P60 or P61 in it.

Last edited:

garageguy

Newly Enlightened
ecnica said:
BTW, has anyone ordered their G&P 6v clone, I'm thinking of getting it for my Cyclops that I picked up from Sam's since I heard you can fit a P60 or P61 in it.

Just in case you did not know. You have to take down the diameter of the P60/P61 reflector to get it to fit into the Cyclops. It's not really that hard if you have a Dremel. It took me about 15-20mins of work with a sanding drum on my Dremel. Don't use one of the grinding stones they don't work as well as the sanding drum. It's worth it though, my Cyclops now has the output of a SF G2. I'm sure that the G&P would need to be taken down a bit too since it is a P60 replacement.

Oracle

Newly Enlightened
Skashkash said:
I've been ordering a fair amount from fifth unit over the last couple of months. Shipping times have been averaging about two weeks per order to NYC. Last order was a bit delayed, may be due to national holidays over in HK. Quality will vary, some of the stuff is junk, others (especially the flashlights so far) is pretty good.

This is a great price on the led key chain lights. I got ten @ the old .69 price and they are pretty good. Certainly great for giveaways.

Okay, I'm going to order today. If I don't get them in time, $5 isn't a huge amount and I can still give them out at christmas.

I bought a couple of them for $3 each shipped from Chi-Wing's LED shop on ebay, and I really like them. I hope these are the same. The sure look identical in the picture.

ecnica

Newly Enlightened
So like I said on my previous post I ordered on 9/24, they shipped my light out on 9/30, on 10/5 it left Hong Kong and it got to my home yesterday on 10/10 (so approximately 2.1/2 weeks for the whole process), the only thing is that the post office thought it was registered mail and I had to go sign for the package since there wasn't anyone at home when they deliverd it.

I'll probably order another Ultrafire WF-602d from them, nice and bright and comes with the pocket clip now instead of the lanyard. Now I have a EDC that I can carry on me besides my keychain led light.

Last edited:

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a set. First impression is that it's nice. Very compact, not bigger than a typical key.

Very bright, more than I expected and focuses pretty well.

One really neat feature is you can turn them on with a switch. It's small and not very easy to do, but possible with a bit of practice. Good stuff and good value, I recommend.

Anybody knows what run time to expect?

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a crapload of these for my kids and their friends. So far they have been a hit.

cutlerylover

Banned
I got this deal and I love them, they are VERY bright infact brighter than most of these type lights! and for the price you can't go wrong giving them as gifts or do what I do, I ahve been giving them as bonus items when I trade stuff with poeple like knives...They love the surprise and appreciate the little extra thought...