Not happy with Inova 24/7 light

pelks

Newly Enlightened
I am about to tear my hair out and I dont have all that much!!!
I have a Inova 24/7 light and in the high power white mode the light keeps "flashing" intermittantly. The light turns off then on again at different times.
Could it be a bad battery connection or is the unit faulty?
It's driving me mad as I use the light for working on the car and working on computers.
Has anyone had this fault before?

Can someone help PLEASE, before I have to go the loony bin :hairpull:
Thanks in advance.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want to fly up to the states I`d be happy to help yank your hair out :)

Ok...not funny...sounds like it could be the switching....is it possible to clean the contacts in the switch...or is disasembling the light not practical?

Maybe E-mail Inova...I think their warranty is lifetime.

Ken

McShawn

Enlightened
Reply I have a similar problem and quit using my 24/7 because of this. It works great on high power for about 5 minutes the flashes and then switches off. Battery change never made any difference. When the light was new it did not do this, I could run a new bat. for a long time on high before it switched to lower power mode.
No idea why this has changed, no visible corrosion, etc.
shawn

thelightdude

Newly Enlightened
When this light first came out, people posted if the battery was removed while turned on the microprocessor got messed up temporarily. They had to leave the light off without a battery for a day or two to correct the problem. You have to insert the battery with the light switched to the off position.

I have a 24/7 myself. For some strange reason it ate up the battery when turned off. I sent it to Inova and got a new light in less than a week.

lightemup

Flashaholic*
Hi Pelks, if you bought it in Australia try Pacific Rim Distributors in Brisbane, they should be able to handle warranty issues for Inova. I think you will be able to find their details on www.surefire.com under international distributors in Australia.

I've got 3 24/7's and none have had any issues. My first 24/7 was carried in a bag and used fairly regularly over the process of at least 2 years i think with no problems. I only changed the battery last month to pre-empt any problems.

Did you leave it for a couple of days with the batteries out of it? I've also heard of the processor issue. Good luck!