Recommend Batteries for my Jet MkII

DoctorBenny

Newly Enlightened
Hi ya'll. I'm clueless when it comes to batteries. I need you fine CPFers to recommend some batteries for my incoming Jet MkII.

I'm looking for RECHARGABLE batteries that would (of course) yield maximum brightness and runtime. Options include the standard body and 2AA extension tube. 123 tube is NOT included and should be omitted from recommendations.

P.S. I hear some lithium batteries have a tendency to explode? :awman: I try to not keep explosives in my pants for obvious reasons.

Thanks in advace for your advice.

havand

Enlightened
AW sells protected (overdischarge, overcharge, thermal protection...etc) 14500 (AA sized) rechargeable lithium cells in the Dealer's section. Just be aware that if you buy the DSD charger with a cell or two, it doesn't QUITE charge the cells to maximum. They'll probably come off the charger between 4.07-4.15V instead of the fully charged maximum of about ~4.2V

EDIT: I should add that you can only use 1 rechargeable lithium cell at a time in your light. The only way you can use 2 cells is if you use 1.2V NIMH rechargeables. NOT lithiums. Got it?

mchlwise

Enlightened
I use Energizer 2500ma rechargeable AA's in my Jetbeam, and they seem to do quite well.

:grin2:

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mark at e-lectronics.net has great prices on 14500 Protected cells also. that's where I got mine and they're great.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
DoctorBenny, CPF is not reporting much about rechargeables blowing up, even LiIon batteries. We are hearing a lot recently about some unexplained blowups of CR123 batteries. Sony is recalling many of their LiIon laptop battery packs, so I recommend staying away from Sony LiIon batteries for awhile, but in the CPF community we hear little about LiIon blowups in flashlights.

Bill

glire

Enlightened
Who knows where to purchase 1/2 AA ? (1000mAh at least)
I'd like to use two of them in single AA body.