Pocket clip VS. pants wear

cobra-ak

Newly Enlightened
Coop57 said:
Just to change up the wear to my jeans from my E2E / KL1, I swapped out the short pocket clip with a longer from a C2. Looks and feels better. My jeans will last a little longer too.
Longer clip on e2E
I swapped my clip for the longer one on my E2D, and it has the same tensile strength as the clip on my E2L, my A2 clip is the longer one but it feels loose compared with the other 2 long clips, must have been an early version long clip.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
The problem I have with my L2 is that the bezel/head of the light rubs on my pants and wears out a hole, also the clip cuts through the rim of the pocket. When I don't carry the light, the damage on my pants is a talking point...."what happened to your pants?"

Coop57

Enlightened
SureFire needs to come out with a line of jeans made for Flashlight carry.
Lee jeans $22.00
Surefire jeans $129.00

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
Coop57 said:
SureFire needs to come out with a line of jeans made for Flashlight carry.
Lee jeans $22.00
Surefire jeans $129.00

lol
The SF lights may always be not very pocket wear friendly since they are designed for tactical purposes. I'm going to assume that most tactical wear pants are more ruged and wear friendly than everyday dress pants and jeans.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alin10123 said:
lol
The SF lights may always be not very pocket wear friendly since they are designed for tactical purposes. I'm going to assume that most tactical wear pants are more ruged and wear friendly than everyday dress pants and jeans.

I must say that considering these to be Tactical lights, the clips are not very strong, I "opened" one of mine when I caught the end of it with my leather jacket getting out of the car while the light was in my pocket....I placed the clip in my vice and squeezed it back into shape, its ok now.

Coop57

Enlightened
Concept said:
I like to clip mine to my belt and don't have too many issues.
This would be a good thing. But I am too "Phat" for belt wear. My E2E must be a little lower to avoid my unavoidable belly.