Help! my E2L's clickie jam

ARRI

Newly Enlightened
Now, it becomes a "tactical switch"
I don't think i treated it hard, and not more than 200 clicks!
Did anyone tried this before, how can i fix it?
I am in Hong Kong

jon1996

Newly Enlightened
My E2D switch also failed, It stuck in the the on position, It is a problem with the E series of surefire lights, They are cheap plastic junk switches, I contacted surefire and they said they would ship me a new switch out, well 2 months now and still no switch, I emailed them again last night, will let you know how it goes

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the same problem (and have not received any replacement yet), so I took a heat gun and heated it up, then I used an internal bent circle clipper (which I bought for this purpose) to turn off the retaining ring (the circle clipper was perfect for this). Then I lubed the two plasic parts that rub against eachother, i.e the parts where one rotates on top of the other.
The switch appears to work fine now, but I don't know if I will be able to trust it.

Sigbjoern

ARRI

Newly Enlightened
Good news! I fixed it half an hour ago.
i tried to heat it up using boil water. After that, i tried to turn out the retaining ring, but it was too hard so i abort to do so. Then, I tried to press on it, and it works! Now, it seems even better than before.
Is it really lubricate problems?

pilot77

Newly Enlightened
The same thing has happened to my clickie on the e2l. I emailed then called . I got sent two switches in about a week. Great response time for me. I would just call and ask for a confirmation date on when shipping would occur.

The Porcupine

Enlightened
I have had success with a little lubrication in an E1L tc. But as some have mentioned, it may not be a permanet fix. Mine has begun to get rather hard in use and renewed lubrication hasn't helped.
I called Surefire and they are sending me a new tc!:)

InfidelCastro

Banned
I would rather they just worked from the get-go, and continued to work. But that's asking too much, nowadays, even for a tailswitch that costs more than two Maglites combined... :rolleyes:

I guess we put up with this crap because there's not much alternative.

ARRI

Newly Enlightened
pilot77 said:
The same thing has happened to my clickie on the e2l. I emailed then called . I got sent two switches in about a week. Great response time for me. I would just call and ask for a confirmation date on when shipping would occur.

just send a mail to SF, so they will ship TWO new switches for you?

Without questions asked?? And No need to ship them the bad switch??

Is it means that i can cheat them for a brand new switch even i don't have a bad switch??

Do I missunderstand something:huh2:
I didn't have any experience to contact SF, and I am from Hong Kong

pilot77

Newly Enlightened
No I am not saying that anyone should try to cheat surefire just stating the fact that I had emailed them explaining my problem and didn't not get a response. So I called them a couple of days later and talked to someone on the phone and within a week 2 switches had showed up in the mail. Call and talk to someone ask to get a confirmation on a expected shipping date. Doesn't matter if you are in Hong Kong or not. And no they didn't ask for the bad switch back and I even asked specifically if I should send the bad switch and one of the new ones back and I was told there was no need to do so. Call surefire Outside the US: 714-545-9444 and explain to them your problem.