Difference between IMS27 and McR27 reflectors

treasurydept

Newly Enlightened
I have a Gladius that I am considering modding. I would like to change out the stock IMS27 reflector and replace it with a McR27 reflector. The reason I would like to do this is because the beam of my Gladius is quiet irregular.

I would like to know if it is just my IMS27 that is quite irregular, and hence the irregular beam can be remedied by replacing it with another IMS27. Or is it the case that all IMS27's will produce quite irregular beams?

Finally, how does the beam from an IMS27 and a McR27 differ? Anyone know where I can get a McR27 from? Any help would be much appreciated.

jdriller

Flashlight Enthusiast
You will find variation from one IMS to another. If you have a few reflectors, try each one of them and look at the resulting beams. You may find exactly what you are looking for.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would take a McR reflector. It's better quality and constant beamshape (no construction variations like the IMS-plastic ones).

If I remember right, I have seen a McR27L reflector in a Gladiusmod. So it should fit and would give a better throw than the normal one.

Best regards

____
Tom

FirstDsent

Enlightened
The Sandwich Shoppe sells all the McRxx reflectors. There is a McR27, and a McR27L. The 27 is shorter than most OEM reflectors, and the 27L is longer than most OEM reflectors. The Shoppe has a link to the mechanical drawings for each reflector.

Bernie

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
the main difference between the IMS and McR reflectors is the smooth beam.. the McR have a much smoother beam and a much cleaner transition from spot to flood. They tend to have a brighter center spot and a nice rounded smooth center... the IMS reflectors especially the 27 have a 'bright disc' of a center spot with a dramatic transition from spot to flood.

It's worth the time effort and expense to use the McR reflectors.

-awr

TENMMIKE

Enlightened
can you describe what you mean by "irregular" i mean my gladius does not have a beutiful beam like a mcgizmo but it aint bad
treasurydept said:
I have a Gladius that I am considering modding. I would like to change out the stock IMS27 reflector and replace it with a McR27 reflector. The reason I would like to do this is because the beam of my Gladius is quiet irregular.

I would like to know if it is just my IMS27 that is quite irregular, and hence the irregular beam can be remedied by replacing it with another IMS27. Or is it the case that all IMS27's will produce quite irregular beams?

Finally, how does the beam from an IMS27 and a McR27 differ? Anyone know where I can get a McR27 from? Any help would be much appreciated.

Anglepoise

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am feeling a bit cynical today so excuse the glibness in my answer.

The difference in the two is simple. The McR27 is not available anywhere to buy
so we are stuck with the IMS27 whether we like it or not.

Anyone with a lead on a McR27 ( not the 'L' version) send me a PM....please.