Easier way to open your bezel

shadowbuds

Newly Enlightened
(MY ONLY EXPERIENCE IS WITH E2D AND L4)

I just received my new E2D (for my girl) and a blue/red beamfilter. All you need to do is place (if you have one) a beamfilter on your bezel, apply pressure and it's as easy as that. The beamfilter is nice and soft, rubber I presume. Someone has to have done this before, people were talking about using "strap wrenches" and other ways but this seems so simple / pain free.

It was fairly easy for me to remove my KL4 bezel. The E2D seems to have a bit more backing it up. When I opened up my KL4 there was a lot of dried up black stuff, i'm assuming it was some type of glue or sealant. Just thought i'd give some helpful info, someone recently made a thread about placing the attack bezel on an L4 and how they would do such.

Flashdark

Enlightened
shadowbuds,

Absolutely true! I inadvertently loosened 2 E2e heads in this manner and an L6 head with an FM-14, simply by "instinctively" taking the filter off with a counterclockwise twisting movement. I have learned the hard way to do just the opposite. The trouble is that, with the FM series of filters, the locking-tab almost demands a counterclockwise force application, so be careful!

Hope this helps,
Flashdark sends.