Help finding holster for l2

thanos

Newly Enlightened
G'day. I just picked up a surefire l2 (flat bodied) from Doug over in the sell forums and am now looking for a good holster/case thing for such an expensive light. Can any of you good people recommend a cheap (no more than the $20unless it's REALLY good), preferably closed, holster that is also fairly accessible to Australia (not too much on ship) and most importantly fits an l2? I will be using mostly like a sunglass case, keeepin it protected, however there maybe times when I need to use it on my belt.

I've also had a little look and some ones I like are made for the 2AA minimag i.e. nite ize Mini Pock-It or even just the official maglite holster. Just wondering if anyone knows if an l2 will fit?

Cheers :)

Last edited:

gallagho

Enlightened
Hi,

I'm wondering the same thing, just wasted some money on the V11 Quick detach holster, I bought one for my L2. Not that impressed as it's a very tight fit especially with the lanyard attached. It also doesn't really protect the head of the torch to well, see pic.

v11.jpg

Cheers,

Owen

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do a search for John Willis and you will find that he will make what ever you want, and of the highest quality and great price too.:)

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Hi All,

I'd suggest searching the forums for the name of "John Willis" as he makes some great custom pouches, in a variety of finishes, with a lifetime warranty.

Hope that helps,
John

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another vote for John Willis! he makes great holster in about any color you want. and they cost almost the same as the V11 around 15-20 for a plain one and you can choose between fastex buckles or velcro and you can have a quick detatch just look up John Willis or John Willis holster for surefire u2. it has a good picture of a L2 pouch and you can see what special things you can have on there.

good luck

Last edited:

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another vote for John Willis! Don't let the cheap price fool you, they are of very high quality and the fit is perfect as it is custom made.

faucon

Enlightened
If I remember correctly, the holster that came with my Pelican 2390 is also a perfect fit for the L2 and also has a small secondary pouch that holds two CR123As.