Cool little Finger Light at Walmart

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was checking out the new local Walmart today and saw something called the "Finger Light" at one of the check out isles. It has a blue LED and a little piece of velcro that goes around your finger and it can be adjusted for wear on any part of the finger. The blue LED is very bright! It has a spot beam because the LED sits in the head of the light and only the tip of the LED is exposed slightly. It runs on 3 very small coin cells that can be replaced if you open up a small screw on the underside of the light.
I have no clue about the runtime, but for under $2 this little guy is pretty neat and has a nice bright beam. :)

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think they had these a year ago around Halloween as well. I seem to remember some threads here on CPF about them, although I never found any at my local Walmart. I'm going to have to try and find them again.

Last edited:

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do they come in white? if they did, it'd be excellent for map reading at night. The blue tends to wash out the colors so they all blend in.

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wal-Mart seems to have LED lights scattered about the store.
In the lightbulb section I saw an LED light that clips onto the top of books for reading, and in the automotive section I saw a light that attaches to your seatbelt for pretty much the same purposes.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alin10123 said:
Do they come in white? if they did, it'd be excellent for map reading at night. The blue tends to wash out the colors so they all blend in.

I don't think so. I looked for white and red LED's, but they only had blue.

DaveG

Enlightened
I have the version that is on-off,but just picked up what looks like the same light,but has a flashing mode also. On steady-fast strobe-slow strobe. Got it at Wal-mart a week ago. Have to return it DOA out of pkg. Just all blue leds from what I see.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got these Finger Lights at Walmart last year.

dsc03159smallat5.jpg

dsc03160smallvl1.jpg

dsc03161smallon3.jpg

cy

Flashaholic
Mut just gave me one of those in white led.

sure would have came in handy when working on my cummins turbo diesel the other night. tight blind spot headlamp would not reach, but a light attached to fingers would.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
thezman said:
Can you get to the led?

Are they moddable?

I think I read that the halves maybe glued together. Also somebody has changed out the led.

thezman

Enlightened
ernsanada said:
I think I read that the halves maybe glued together. Also somebody has changed out the led.

I keep forgeting what I'm like and the things I"ll try. :ohgeez:

My motto: Everything is moddable. :grin2:

boonsht

Newly Enlightened
Where can I find those in Walmart? I looked all over. Would love to try and mod one.

half-watt

Flashlight Enthusiast
a more expensive military finger lite can be found at BrightGuy.com.

it's called the Millite Finger Light and is currently pictured on their main webpage.