Can We Really Believe Craig?

Doug

Enlightened
Under the 2nd picture of Craigs living room, on his (earth) quake page, under the 2nd picture of his living room, it says "This floor was once clear..". Ok, now, are you telling us the truth Craig
smile.gif
? I think you should show a picture of this room, in it's "clean" state, for comparisons
smile.gif
!

Doug

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[image]
Can't do much about the carpet... no $$$ to have it replaced.

[image]
And here's the other room, just to set the record straight and show I'm not just hiding all the junk.
grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Craig, in the first picture, is shelve on the far wall chocked full of flashlights, if so, can we see a closeup of the torch collection?

Dude

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FlashlightDude:
Craig, in the first picture, is shelve on the far wall chocked full of flashlights, if so, can we see a closeup of the torch collection?

Dude
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[image] picture of insulators
Here's that window shelf you saw in the first picture. Not many flashlights here I'm afraid.
tongue.gif

For those who don't know what these colorful baubles are, they're <a href="http://insulatorz.home.att.net" target="new">insulators</a>. You know, insulators, those glass thingies on the tops of telephone poles you probably shot out as a kid.
wink.gif

This is probably what you wanted to see...
[image] picture of flashlights
This does not represent all of them, just some of them.
blush.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Holy Flashlights!

You will be renamed the "high exalted supreme commander of the torchdom"

Your friend,
The Dude
grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

PS to Stingmon,

What is your favorite small carry and larger carry leds????

Thanks,
The Dude
wink.gif

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Craig,
Looks like you're all set for that inspection now
tongue.gif

p.s.-how about a coupla cheap throw rugs to cover that imperfect carpet?
smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FlashlightDude:
PS to Stingmon,

What is your favorite small carry and larger carry leds????
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hard to say... there are so many good ones available.

I've taken a liking to the Princeton Tec Attitude as a smaller (pocket sized) model as of late. And the Arc-LS with 2-AA body is never more than an arm's reach away. Can't wait until the production model makes its debut.

For a big light, you really can't go wrong with an Expedition 300. Some say the Lightwave 3000 is better, but I have yet to see one so I have no basis with which to make a comparison.

The Turtlelite II is a good choice for a medium sized light to throw in the tacklebox; it's waterproof, it floats, and is reasonably bright. The marine Eternalight would also work here (waterproof, also floats), but it might be more likely to "go off" inside the box because the switch is not recessed. A screwdriver handle or a heavy lure bumping into it would do the deed.

For the keychain, you can pretty much choose between the Photon and the Arc-AAA.
The Photon is brighter for very brief, intermittent usage, but the Arc stays brighter for longer; and it's cheaper & easier to change the battery than the Photon.

If you want something especially colorful and flashy, the Eternalight Rave'n is the only way to go. With all four LEDs going, it also functions reasonably well as a "white" flashlight, though the beam isn't as consistent as a real white LED's.

For incandescents, it would be a fair game between the Legend LX and the Surefire E2.
The Legend is brigher, but it's also larger.
But the Surefire is smaller and more solidly constructed, even if it isn't as bright.
The Legend is good for those with shallower pockets, while the E2 is a more high-end product, and its construction shows it.

For even more economy, you probably can't go too wrong with a 2-AA Mini Mag. They're reasonably durable, and much cheaper to feed than any of the lithium 123 lights. But it isn't the brightest bulb in the pack, so to speak.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by videocal:
Hey Craig,
Looks like you're all set for that inspection now
tongue.gif

p.s.-how about a coupla cheap throw rugs to cover that imperfect carpet?
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That picture was taken about two months after the quake, right after I finished cleanup. Now there is more stuff, including an upright video game, and a number of large boxes filled with foam peanuts that computers and test equipment recently arrived in.

[picture of living room]

This is a closer representation of its current appearance, but add several very large boxes and several smaller ones to the left side of that game cabinet to this landscape. Then the picture will be complete.
smile.gif

Oh, and that monitor on the floor under the TV is now in service and is no longer there.

Throw rugs... good idea, but no money to spend on them. The carpet doesn't belong to SHA anyway, so they can't say a word about it in their report.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Craig, you forgot to include a shot of the Kitchen and bedroom.
grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FlashKing:
grin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nobody ever goes into or sees my bedroom. Unwritten rule of the house. That's my private space, where nobody dares tread but me.

But I'll be glad to get a shot of my kitchen and bathroom for you when I get a few minutes.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FlashKing:
grin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

One "Super Duper Micro Sized Kitchen" coming right up...

[picture of a kitchen with infomercial products on the counter]

And no ragging about that Rocket Chef either.
smile.gif

Or the Thunder Stick mixer. Or the dead plant.
grin.gif

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dunno what the SHA guys thought, but personally, I'm shocked:

just LOOK AT at that kitchen -

- you should be ashamed of yo'self ......

Not a single flashlight ! (or even a battery !! ) in sight !!!

lightlover
grin.gif
grin.gif
wink.gif
smile.gif

(Unless there's one I didn't notice, peeping shyly out from behind something ? )

Ps - love Craig's new ironic signature line ......

D

**DONOTDELETE**

"...Or the Thunder Stick mixer."
Mixer?! Damn, I thought that was a new LED torch! Craig, I'm disappointed!
wink.gif
grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
grin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And here's the can, aka "The Throne Room".

[picture of a toilet]

It's not much bigger than the kitchen, and since the door is in a bizarre location, I could not get the two dressers or the can in this shot. (Who needs to see another biffy anyway? We all know what they look like).
wink.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *something ridiculous:
Dunno what the SHA guys thought, but personally, I'm shocked:

just LOOK AT at that kitchen -

- you should be ashamed of yo'self ......

Not a single flashlight ! (or even a battery !! ) in sight !!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh oh, I'm bad.
frown.gif

I try to keep flashlights away from the cooking. Hamburger grease doesn't go well with plastic flashlight lenses or knurling.
smile.gif

My front door is right next to the range hood, and there's one hanging there if it's any consolation.

I do keep a couple in the lavatory. There's a Starlite 128 hanging above the TP holder, a Bonfire hanging above the can, and a Sauce LightOrb plugged in by the washbasin.
And there's usually one or two others on a dresser or on the vanity at any given time.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks to Stingmon for showing us around his apartment and being a good sport.

the Dude
grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Got to give credit to Stingmon, I wouldn't dare show pics of my crib!
grin.gif
wink.gif
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

Doug

Enlightened
Heck.... maybe I should point people to my web site
smile.gif
.... Check out the pics. But, if you visit, you gotta comment
smile.gif

Doug

Got to give credit to Stingmon, I wouldn't dare show pics of my crib!
grin.gif
wink.gif
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Doug, I visited your site - but --- where's the bikini chics?
grin.gif