Happy Thanksgiving!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Advanced best wishes for the upcoming holiday. Remember, no ARC AAAs hanging on the drumsticks at the dinner table.
grin.gif

Doug

Enlightened
Craig, can we just call you Chandler
smile.gif
? Hehe...

Doug

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stingmon:
thanks.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

mikep

Enlightened
I'm thankful for this fine forum, and the classy folks who come and share.

p.s. I wish I still had the Bloom County comic where one kid says grace before Thanksgiving dinner, ending with something like , "thanks for this turkey, which was probably recently nuzzling it's young with almost human-like compassion. Anyway, it's dead now and we're gonna eat it."

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug:
Craig, can we just call you Chandler
smile.gif
? Hehe...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
[/QUOTE]

You mean from Friends, where they get locked out and the Thanksgiving dinner goes up in smoke?
grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
WARNING!!
If anybody's cooking a bird today, check your oven carefully before turning it on!

Apparently, the Hamburger Helper hand often sleeps in the oven, clinging to the top burner and remaining out of sight. Since it knows most people would be freaked out by a walking, talking, disembodied hand, it hides here instead of popping out of your cupboards at random and scaring the poop out of you.

This sets you up for a very unfortunate accident:

[Picture of Hamburger Helper hand dying in an oven]

So check those ovens, and check 'em well the next time you fire it up to bake a cake or do the Thanksgiving bird.

lightuser

Newly Enlightened
yep, wouldn't want him to lose any more fingers...even if they do expand to fill up the gap. One big one, especially in the middle, could really be embarrassing. Get him put away or explain the right way to behave well before guests start arriving. Tip: invite Wilson (you know from Castaway?) over. He'll be happy, stay busy for hours

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy Turkey Day everyone. Lots to give thanks for this season.
smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stingmon:
WARNING!!
If anybody's cooking a bird today, check your oven carefully before turning it on!

Apparently, the Hamburger Helper hand often sleeps in the oven, clinging to the top burner and remaining out of sight. Since it knows most people would be freaked out by a walking, talking, disembodied hand, it hides here instead of popping out of your cupboards at random and scaring the poop out of you.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maby Stingmon can cook the turky with his Legend LX and the right lens (like the cigarette)
wink.gif
grin.gif
wink.gif

tongue.gif
grin.gif
and spare poor Hamburger Helper
smile.gif
. Talk about a sloooooooooow roast!!
grin.gif

-----edited for my own bad spelling----

Doug

Enlightened
Craig, did you make that picture your self? Looks good
smile.gif
Baha...

Oh, and, well, Chandler was never too happy about any of the T-days ... so, pick one
smile.gif

Happy T-day Y'all!

Doug

WARNING!!

This sets you up for a very unfortunate accident:
fryhand.jpg

So check those ovens, and check 'em well the next time you fire it up to bake a cake or do the Thanksgiving bird.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug:
Craig, did you make that picture your self? Looks good
smile.gif
Baha...

Oh, and, well, Chandler was never too happy about any of the T-days ... so, pick one
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, I made that myself. I found a picture of an oven on an appliance website, and a picture of "The Evil Mutant Hand" on another website, and spent about an hour in Photoshop manipulating them into a new picture. I had to modify the hand's lighting profile & color temperature, "burn" the fingers, and add the reflection of the red nose on the bezel of the oven window as a finishing touch. I probably could have done better, but an hour was long enough.
grin.gif

Chanler with a turkey stuck on his head.
That's always a good one.
smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tree:<BR><STRONG>...spare poor Hamburger Helper [image]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/image]. Talk about a sloooooooooow roast!! [image]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/image]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You know... I've got a picture of that asinine, sickly-sweet Smuggle Laundry Bear in a dryer/decompression chamber too, and another of him being forcefully rammed down a toilet with the plunger. [image]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/image] <P>[Picture of Smuggle's bear in heated decompression chamber]<P>I coldn't for the life of me find a decent picture of a window-in-door type clothes dryer *anywhere*, so after two hours of searching, I took one of the smaller pics I found and blew it up. That's why it's so fuzzy. The toilet one is crystal-clear though.<P><BR>Anyway... to get back on track here.<BR><B>DON'T FORGET YOUR PETS</B> this Thanksgiving. After all, they're your family too, no matter if it's a dog, a cat, a pet rat, or a pet spider. Give them an extra treat. Something they don't get at any other time of the year.
thanks1.jpg

<P>[Picture of a rat eating turkey dinner]<P>This lucky rat got a full Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings. There's turkey (both white and dark), stuffing, mashed potatoes & gravy, yams, peas, and cranberry sauce. And pumpkin pie for dessert later on. [image]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/image]

Doug

Enlightened
Cool... what where the web sites (for the evil hand and the appliance)?

Yeah, chandler with a turkey on his head
smile.gif
hehe... wait... did he wear the turkey? I remember Joey wearing it, but not sure about Chandler....

Have you thought about making money creating web sites for companies?

Doug

Yup, I made that myself. I found a picture of an oven on an appliance website, and a picture of "The Evil Mutant Hand" on another website, and spent about an hour in Photoshop manipulating them into a new picture. I had to modify the hand's lighting profile & color temperature, "burn" the fingers, and add the reflection of the red nose on the bezel of the oven window as a finishing touch. I probably could have done better, but an hour was long enough.
grin.gif

Chanler with a turkey stuck on his head.
That's always a good one.
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Cool... what where the web sites (for the evil hand and the appliance)?

Yeah, chandler with a turkey on his head
smile.gif
hehe... wait... did he wear the turkey? I remember Joey wearing it, but not sure about Chandler.....
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're probably right. I really don't follow the series closely enough to get all the names right 100% of the time.
grin.gif

Have you thought about making money creating web sites for companies?.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure I've *thought* about it. But I don't know nearly enough to actually go out there and *do* it. Hell, I can't even make a simple table or form, so I couln't imagine how things would go trying to write javascript, cgi, or perl that many sites need for things like online shopping carts, secure server handling, credit cards, and pop-up informational windows.

Besides, if I had to start devoting all of my time learning that stuff, the poor old LED Museum would start suffering from neglect and I wouldn't have time to do my tests and handle all the e-mail.