Need help here

L.E.D.

Enlightened
hi. I would like candlepowerforums not to always require me to log on because my little brother keeps on getting in and making posts in my name and editting my profile just to be annoying! can someone tell me how to get CPF not to remember this computer?

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
ColdLight, sorry, but I think that's really funny. How old is he ?

I'm not sure that I can help you here.
One generally stays logged in all the time, there's no need to log out. I suppose you could change your password, and ask the machine not to remember it, no ?

Otherwise, get him to register as himself. I suggest "Joker" as his board name.

lightlover
grin.gif
grin.gif
wink.gif
smile.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
At the top of the screen, just under the blue "Ultimate Bulletin Board" logo, etc, there`s a blue bar. To the left, when you`re logged in, it says "Hello, <your username>. [log out] .

Just click on "log out" when you`re done, and your younger brother will no more post on your behalf, unless he knows your pasword of course......(then you`d better change it!)

tongue.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

ColdLight.... you can try this;

Change your password.
Always 'Log Out' when leaving the CPF.

Other stuffs if you're using MS Internet Explorer and you do not want your kid brother to know where you've been.

Delete 'cookies' in your "C:\Windows\Cookies" folder before leaving computer.
Delete contents of your "C:\Windows\Temporary Internet Files" and "C:\Windows\History" folders before leaving computer.
or in the top bar of MIE browser;
"Tools > Internet Options > General > History"
"Tools > Internet Options > General > Temporary Internet Files"

You can also delete your 'bookmarks' in "C:\Windows\Favorites" but you'll have to remember the url's of your favorite websites or have them written and hidden somewhere.

Good luck!
smile.gif
grin.gif

- verge -

L.E.D.

Enlightened
thank you all. I guess the course of action would have to be logging out all the time, not that hard.

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ColdLight:
thank you all. I guess the course of action would have to be logging out all the time, not that hard.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably more socially acceptable than hog-tyeing your brother at least.