INOVA: Are u using BOTH new(reflector) and old(TIR) XO lights?

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am using both the old and the new XO.
Do you prefer the newer one? Are u still using both the same assuming u have both? Which one you like and why and in what applications?

Input welcome

Chris

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
marinemaster said:
I am using both the old and the new XO.
Do you prefer the newer one? Are u still using both the same assuming u have both? Which one you like and why and in what applications?

Input welcome

Chris
I'm still using the old one (2 years, almost) because I love the throw provided by TIROS and the regulated runtime.
I'll probably end up buying the new one because it's just too good to pass, although it won't replace my trusty old XO... This one's a keeper.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both styles, and I think they are both equally well built, but the old style is more of a toy. It's neat to see such a perfect circle of light on the wall. I always think of that scene in Austin Powers where Dr. Evil and Mini Me are escaping from jail and there's a big spot light on Dr. Evil, and a small spot light on Mini Me. It cracks me up!

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both and like them. I use the new reflector much more than the older Tiros but still have a soft spot for the build quality and throw of the older XO. Can't bear to part with it.