LUX @ 1m readings comparing Cree A19 X-RE w/ some of my other lights

cryhavok

Enlightened
Hey All,

I just picked up my A19 XR-E today...very impressive output for such a small package. I love the slim form factor. Only problem with mine is the McClickie tailcap has 2 1cm scratches in front of the oval holes next to the clickie button that appear to be created while machining:awman:. Very noticeable. Stinks considering it is "brand new" from the shoppe!

Beamwise, this baby puts out A LOT of light. The spill on this thing is pretty incredible. It has a nice sized hotspot. Not quite dark enogh to test how it throws, but the Lux readings should be an indication of that...

I don't have all my lights with me, but I do have my:
Chrome A3
Original A1
McLuxPD w/ UXOJ
A19 XR-E

The LE's I will use in the Aleph lights will be 2 that I made:

NG1000/UXOJ(hand picked bright)
FluPIC/UVOJ(hand picked bright)

Both of the LED's where clearly the brightest in my collection...they definately can be considered "freaks" so I'm not sure how that will bias the results. I'm not sure how hard the LED is driven in the FluPIC at "MAX BRIGHTNESS," so someone can chime in. I believe it is 1.2a?

NG1000/UXOJ in A3 - 6740
NG1000/UXOJ in A1 - 4051
FluPIC/UVOJ in A3 - 7010
FluPIC/UVOJ in A1 - 4720
McLux PD/UXOJ (520ma)- 1604
A19 XR-E (825ma) - 3090

A couple of notes:

The spill from the A19 is hands down the brightest of all the lights. Size of hotspot is approximately the same size as the LuxIII in A1 (McR-27).

Does anyone else have a Lux meter with the new A19 and can do some readings???

Last edited:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure if I'm reading your numbers right but it sounds like your Lux III UXOJ (a very nice bin) is putting out more than twice the light at 1000ma than the XR-E at 825ma. Based on what I've gleaned so far I would have thought the XR-E at 825ma would have put out more light than the Lux III at 1000ma. Am I reading this wrong or why would this be - or am I just confused?

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow, thanks for the info on the size of the hotspot. Thats a good reference, and the a1 throws pretty good with a luxeon, so the throw must be pretty good for the a19.

matrix, lux is a measurement of focal ability or intensity, not overal photons or quanity of light. lux is directly related to focus, not light output.

Dan C

Enlightened
At this moment I'm doing a runtime on my A19 Cree XR-E with a RCR123. Using the LM631 at one foot distance on foot candle setting (x10).

I tested a Longbow Micra I have just now with a McR20 reflector (tight hot spot) and a sandwich consisting of a MM+WO board and UX1J, and it registered around 900. By comparison, the A19 XR-E is registering 2600!

Dan C

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Geez - I ordered mine first thing Wednesday morning, paid for Priority shipping, hoping I'd get it Friday, and it didn't ship out until Friday at 5pm... I don't know how you guys got yours so fast - but I'm :thinking: :confused: :shrug: as to why it took so long!

I was anxious to run tests this weekend, but it looks like they'll have to wait.