Its' official, KL1 head won't work on L1 Lumamax.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
First off all, the threads are different. The KL1 won't screw all the way down on the L1 body. Secondly, even if I swap lower bezel sections, the positive contact area is different. So I've got a brand spanking new KL1 head that now needs a body and tailcap. If the VitalGear FB1 wasn't made in China I'd get that, but it looks like I'll be getting an E1L, E2L, or L4 body and tailcap from lighthound, then an McR20 reflector from the shoppe and build me a KL1-R. I think I'm just going to also order a couple of U-bin LuxIIIs' from PhotonFanatic and simply rebuild the L1 to stock specifications (albeit with a better bin emitter I'm sure). I'll save the K2s' for experimenting.....

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Meh, don't have that much $$$.

Also I was looking around the shoppe and they have a 1x123 Aleph body in HA but they dont' have the 2x123 body in HA. What do you think of the Aleph bodies? Anyone know where they're made?

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aleph is USA made AFAIK. The FB1 is not a bad unit, and very short for a clickie.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
GAH! The shoppe is out of the 1x123 bodies as well. Crap. No 123 bodies available anywhere? Crap.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a 2x and 1x Vital gear body and both seem very good quaility and don't suffer any of the switch problems that some did (older ones I believe). They are thinner and lighter - not heavy like SF but work fine.

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the problem is the little plastic thingies that stick up in the L1 body, not the thread pitch.

Scott