Just mounted K2 Luxeon UW0K in BOG 3W drop in...Interesting

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I mounted one the latest LXK2-PW14-U00: bin UW0K emitters that PhotonFanatic is selling. Actually really nice. Very bright! I put it next to my U2 on high and they seemed about the same! The tint is really good too with just a tiny, TINY, hint of "electric blue". The only thing is that in my G2 it gets pretty hot pretty quick. So its going to have to go in an aluminum bodied light, like the 6P. I thought that was kind of unusual since I thought the K2 was supposed to be better about heat. Where it really shines is on low. ( I have the McE2S 2-stage tailcap switch in the G2 as well) Low is pretty bright, brighter than my previous experiments with UXxx LuxIIIs'. Anyway just thought I'd share.

Last edited:

jal34c

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to know more about your experiement. I'm trying to build a very bright LED with only 1 bulb and focus it to about 10 degrees. Do you know of a bulb brighter than the K2?

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, well that would explain it. I'm going to have to get a 60 ohm resistor board for the 2-stage tailswitch in this thing, its too bright on the 30 ohm!

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
The more I use this thing, the more I like it. The Cree craze is getting all the attention right now, but I wouldn't count the K2 out just yet....