Is this FluPic weird or am I Lost?

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a couple FluPic lights currently as well as a POP2G so I'm familiar with at least some of the FluPics and how things work but the one I just put in my Jil DD has me lost. The FluPic said Rev.4 on it if that helps. It went in perfectly in the Jil DD and I can turn it on and get the following:
1 - fairly dim
2 - fairly dim but just a little brighter
3 - very bright
4 - fairly dim
5 - fairly dim - same as number 2
6 - very bright
7 - obvious that this is the set brightness mode - blinks then ramps up & down and when I tried changing this it affected step number 2 brightness
8 - same as 1
9? same as 2
10 same as 3 so I assume 8, 9, and 10 are just starting over at 1 thus
there seems to be 7 steps and NO change mode available as I never see the flashes associated with change mode. I also don't have any strobe, S.O.S. or beacon mode. Help!

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got it from LifeNRA - now that you mention it I think he said it was for the Jil or Exolion. I'm not familiar with the Exolion FluPic - any links to how that works? Thanks

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep... this sounds like one of my Exolion sandwiches... :)

You can download the operations flowchart here.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah - that's how it's acting - thanks everyone. I don't suppose there is a way to make it like a FluPic v2.1 or 2.2? I bought it thinking it was like those although this is a very nice addition to my Jil DD - just like having the strobe too.

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
matrixshaman said:
Ah - that's how it's acting - thanks everyone. I don't suppose there is a way to make it like a FluPic v2.1 or 2.2? I bought it thinking it was like those although this is a very nice addition to my Jil DD - just like having the strobe too.

Sorry, but you'll have to send it back to Kevin for reprogramming if you want the other modes...

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes kenster - is that total luck or what! I always appreciate hearing from such talented gurus of CPF. If still around I also just got a Q3 size FluPic that says Rev 1 on it. Would that be an interface like v2.1 or is there an earlier version? BTW I think FluPics are awesome and can't understand why people aren't buying them faster sometimes. I'm also looking now for one I can put in a Firefly II since the FF III second run isn't looking to promising at this point.

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is no way to tell the firmware version from the board rev. You can easily tell by spotting some differences like 10 brightness levels vs 20, etc.

Most can be reporgrammed except for 10.55mm sized boards and ones that you can't easily disconnect the led from the board. Some leds that are connected prevent inline programming.

Cheers!