Dewalt 9.6 volt

kb0rrg

Enlightened
I got a Dewalt 9.6 volt light with a cordless drill I bought. This is an interesting light that I am really liking for some specific purposes. I am not sure what this light costs seperatly. My tests show a run time of about 2.75 hours and a recharge time of 45 min. It uses the same 9.6 volt NiCad battery as is in the drill. (I have 2 batts) It is much brighter than my 3D mag. Its beam is even and faily tight (to tight for most auto work). It is also non-foucusable. It has an onboard spare bulb. The radio shack repalcement is better ($1.99 for 2). Over all it is lighter than the 3D, but I still wouldn't carry it. I like this light as a work light in the garage. Being rechargeable it is free to run. The head swivels so that the light can be aimed. This is a modestly useful feature. The durability is somewhat questionalbe due to the thin wires running from the battery to the bulb. I have know this to be a problem in other Dewalt lights. I dislike the switch too. There is no good way to carry this light, due to its odd shape. This is a good light for "guiltless" long-term running for non-carrying tasks. Esspecailly if you don't like banging up a good light while being a mechanic. (by the way, I love the 9.6 volt dewalt drill. I have never stalled it and I think a more powerful drill is just more weight)
smile.gif