Seoul semiconductor (SSC) Application Note 1 Binning and Labeling

hizzo3

Newly Enlightened
Re: Seoul semiconduction Application Note 1 Binning and Labeling

i dunno, i was looking as well.... i am wanting to buy 3 for my mod. I cant even find where to buy them, but on one site, and they didnt specify if it was the 80lm/w or the 100lm/w model.... :(

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm getting a bunch for some prototypes and may have some left over for you...

hizzo3

Newly Enlightened

ohh really? which ones are you getting the 80 or 100 lm/w model? how much are u wanting a peice? do they really perform better then a cree, and the only diff is heat sinking right?

cy

Flashaholic

looks like more goodies on the horizon...

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast

hizzo3 said:
ohh really? which ones are you getting the 80 or 100 lm/w model? how much are u wanting a peice? do they really perform better then a cree, and the only diff is heat sinking right?

One thing to keep in mind, assuming they have not changed there flux bin codes since the Rev 00 document linked above, the 80 lm typical model will be the T bin code which covers 70-91 lm and the 100 lumens typical model will be the U bin code which covers 91-118.5 lm. As the manufacturer struggles to refine their processes to finally get some yield into the U range, it is a reasonable assumption that most of the first U bin available will fall in the bottom of the range and will for practical purposes be indistinguishable from T bin ones near the top of the T bin range.