Who has Red/Orange experience? pics?

ROVER

Newly Enlightened
Given the current (quickly changing) situation with white LEDs, I'm waiting to see what's available once things settle down. I've been passing the time playing with some colored leds--Cree UV, Luxeons in Royal Blue and Green.

It's been a good time, but I'm wondering if anyone would mind sharing any pictures of Red/Orange modded lights. I'm especially interested in their apparent brightness relative to white. I've read the spec sheets, but would really appreciate any real experiences and pictures.

Thank you

hawkz

Newly Enlightened
I beg to differ about green looking the brightest. I have the R/O and green Lux III leds and decided to put the R/O in my "play" light. Go with the specs sheet for green. You'll see it's very weak. That's my experience.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The important "spec" is the simple fact the human EYE is most sensitive to the color green.
As a result green lights "appear" to be brighter than an equivalent (power) brightness light in blue or red.

So maybe the green emitter you have there is weak. You never know.
I have a couple of green led flashlights that have underwhelmed me as well. One of those is a special light made for somebody.... from somebody at Surefire. It is bright but not that bright. But, I also have a couple which ROCK.
There is no doubt about it the green is the color that the eye is most sensitive to.
I haven't looked at the spec but my guess is green emitters do not have to be pushed as hard in order to produce the same apparent light to the eye. On the other hand maybe it's luck of the draw.
Yaesumofo

hawkz said:
I beg to differ about green looking the brightest. I have the R/O and green Lux III leds and decided to put the R/O in my "play" light. Go with the specs sheet for green. You'll see it's very weak. That's my experience.

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put a R/O Lux III in a SmartFire CR2, and it is stinking bright. Of course, it is hard to judge since it's monochrome v/s for the full-spectrum of a regular white LED. But, that said, it is stinking bright.

=)