Flashlights in TV shows and movies (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SurefireM6

Enlightened
Ok, Pitch black is on and I can identify all the flashlights. I watched the movie: House on the Haunted Hill the other night and I could not identify one flashlight. It was yellow, looks plastic and it had a decent sized reflector. Looked very solid and well built.

If anyone has seen that movie and knows what light that is, PLEASE let me know because it's killing me to find out!

Also, the movie Ghost Ship shows the SF M6s very clearly and used extensively.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mongo

Newly Enlightened
Re: Movies and Flashlights: Pitch Black is on right now

How about Star War's Episode I-where the "Captain" is signalling the group to move across the compound-Arc AAA maybe??? Has a blue tinge to it...Patrick

SurefireM6

Enlightened

I thought that was more like a photon covert the way they were flashing it.

Daniel Ramsey

Retired Account

ha!
you would think in the future, 50 years or more flashlights would at the VERY least be;
1> LED or pure coherent light such as broad beam low power lasers in white light output
2>no larger than an E2
3>capable of 500 lumens of coherent wide spectrum or better yet...adjustable wavelengths from Infrared to UV
4>able to produce a minimum run time of 100 lumens continuosly for at least a year.

heck why did I just go to the trouble of posting this when thats all everybody wants at CPF!!!

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Last weeks Enterprise looked like Trip was using a surefire M3 or M4. (OK, it's not a movie, but I did spot the surefire profile head right away!)

Brotherscrim

Enlightened

That might be so Dan; but that was a long time ago, in a galaxy far away, not 50 or more years in the future.
grin.gif

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think seeing the M6 in Ghostship was the ONLY thing I liked about that movie...hehe...

-Tung

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

Originally posted by Mongo:
How about Star War's Episode I-where the "Captain" is signalling the group to move across the compound-Arc AAA maybe??? Has a blue tinge to it...Patrick
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">maybe a member of the crew is a cpf member and loaned him his cpf edition?
yellowlaugh.gif

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

Originally posted by Quickbeam:
Last weeks Enterprise looked like Trip was using a surefire M3 or M4. (OK, it's not a movie, but I did spot the surefire profile head right away!)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yea, he mounted it upside down while working on his shuttlecraft.

I saw that too!

Gawd, we gotta get a life!
winkie.GIF

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast

The new movie, Darkness Falls, looks to be a flashlight move. But seeing the trailor on Sonypicture's website I only saw generic lights.

SFM6, I didn't see that movie. But it sounds like a divelight. Maybe UKE, Pelican or Princton Tec.

doubleE

Newly Enlightened

M6,

Can you list the lights you saw in Pitch Black? I just saw it again today and I think I saw:
a SF M3 or C3-HA
one or more 6volt SF's
a 9P (or other 9volt) with a Turbohead. it wasn't the new kind of turbohead though; it was the conical type, like a SRTH or an old-style SF TH.

Thanks for your comments.

-doubleE

When I first saw the movie a couple years ago I didn't take note of the flashlights, but now that I'm a flashaholic and a SF nut...

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast

I saw Darkness Falls in the late evening. The movie was pretty bad, not worth paying full price for. As for flashlights, a whole bunch. What is featured mostly are Magchargers and Surefire 9Ns.
There are a few scenes where a whole lot of flashlights are displayed. In the movie the Police Chief asks the protagonist "What's with all the flashlights? " You afraid of the dark?"
Which of course had my girlfriend laughing hysterically. Everytime the hero would be checking his flashlights she would look at me knowingly and thinking to her self "what a weirdo". It's bad enough he likes flashlights so much, Now he has to drag me to see this stupid movie about flashlights".
smile.gif

Orcinus Orca

Newly Enlightened

I saw Biker Boyz the other day. I know, I know... my cousin wanted to see it, so I sucked it up and went anyway. I did manage to pick out a Stremlight Scorpion as the protagonist was attempting to fix up his bike nearing the end of the movie. The part that I found amusing was when someone else walked up and retrieved a similar light from his pocket (another scorpion, I think). A CPF member by any chance?
smile.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic

Pitch Black made use of 9NT for the main use handhelds I believe.

The only reason why I want to see Ghost Ship is for the SureFire M6's. However, none of my mates are willing to sit through it just so I can tell them I have two M6's every time one is on screen.

"The One" made use of SureFires - WeaponLights.

House on Haunted Hill (IF it's the one I'm thinking of) used a SureFire 12PM [for a lot longer than 12 minutes!]

I heard that SureFire have made a sniper rifle light (perhaps modified Leopard?) for Arnie in T3...

Al

Size15's

Flashaholic

House on Haunted Hill
photo29.jpg

photo18.jpg

SureFire? I think so.

photo12.jpg

Not a SureFire as far as I can tell.

Lara

Newly Enlightened

I think Sydney uses a Surefire M4 on an ALIAS episode
I recently saw.

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey, how`d I miss the House on Haunted Hill pics? That was shown on channel 5 a couple months back. Not one to watch if it`s dark and you don`t have your favorite lights within reach.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Yes, I noticed the flashlights and warmed up the stills capture system. Alternative views of the above:

This big yellow one is unknown, but was nice and bright. Looks possibly like a cheapie that was beefed up for on screen use but could be anything. I don`t recognise that big flat slide switch on any similar ones I`ve seen:

hohhbigyello.jpg

This one is a SureFire Classic 12ZM:

hohh12zmcropped.jpg

...and I want one now! Can`t afford one, but that won`t stop the urge.....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

glen

Newly Enlightened
Obvious product placements were:
Cadillac
Miller Genuine Draft
Skyy
Ferrari

and possibly not a product placement but a genuine prop, Surefire flashlights. LOTS of them. On guns, stand alone, etc.. Anyone else notice? I don't know how you couldn't actually.

Last edited by a moderator:

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Bad Boys II Surefires a plenty

The only thing I noticed about BB's 2 is that my newspaper gave it 1/2 a star. I'll pass.

Peter

emann

Newly Enlightened
Re: Bad Boys II Surefires a plenty

[ QUOTE ]
LitFuse said:
The only thing I noticed about BB's 2 is that my newspaper gave it 1/2 a star. I'll pass.

Peter

[/ QUOTE ] Not to say it's not true in this movies case, I don't really know, but don't rely on a movies ratings all the time. They are often wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts