Flashlights in TV shows and movies (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Bad Boys II Surefires a plenty

[ QUOTE ]
emann said:
[ QUOTE ]
LitFuse said:
The only thing I noticed about BB's 2 is that my newspaper gave it 1/2 a star. I'll pass.

Peter

[/ QUOTE ] Not to say it's not true in this movies case, I don't really know, but don't rely on a movies ratings all the time. They are often wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Movie reviews are never right or wrong, they're just peoples opinions. I take them as such and often disagree with them. For example, I usually agree with most of Roger Ebert's reviews, but I will never forgive him for giving Raising Arizona only 1 1/2 stars /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

I usually look here for reviews of new movies. More often than not, there is a general consensus among the reviewers regarding a particular film. I would use this information as a guide only. If I was really interested in a film, I would go and see it regardless of the reviews. The consensus for BB's 2 was not good. I think the only thing that would appeal to me in this movie would be the flashlights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peter

rookie

Enlightened

There was also a SureFire flashlight prop used in 2Fast 2Furious that was on auction on eBay.

K-T

*Moderator*

And I didn't get the subject at first and thought this was all about Dat2Zip's Badboy?!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

glen

Newly Enlightened

It was an action film, not some film that will change your life or how you view the universe. If you want women in bikinis, Ferraris, car chases, machine guns, explosions, etc... Better action that the last Matrix film, and I giggled my *** off. Anyone who did nto enjoy the film is so uptight, if you shoved a SF up their *** and twisted, the anondizing woudl strip off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gifI gave BB2 a full 5 stars.

sygyzy

Enlightened

Bad Boys 2 is a GREAT movie and quite lengthy. There were plenty of Surefires. What is funny is a few times Will Smith shined his Executive Series (looked like it) into the face of Martin Lawerence..right into the eyes. I would have guessed that would have blinded him, but it didn't. He barely flinched and made an annoyed face.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

what's this?!
surefire is making a light that uses a dat2zip bb sandwhich?!?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

lhz

Newly Enlightened

The crtics usually give bad reviews to movies with little or no substance, non-existent plot, gratitious violence and sex, slapstick comedy, all flash & no substance etc etc etc.

That being said, these are precisely the qualities I look for in a movie these days(esp the sex and violence), so if they hate it, then I will love it. I go to the cinema to have fun and escape reality for a couple of hours, not for mental stimulation. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SchneiderDriver

Newly Enlightened
Sorry if off topic, but I had to ask..

[ QUOTE ]
sygyzy said:
Bad Boys 2 is a GREAT movie and quite lengthy. There were plenty of Surefires. What is funny is a few times Will Smith shined his Executive Series (looked like it) into the face of Martin Lawerence..right into the eyes. I would have guessed that would have blinded him, but it didn't. He barely flinched and made an annoyed face.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious, were you going for "syzygy" (a word in the English language) for your name, or did you intend for it to be "sygyzy" (a word exclusive to you, and someone else who meant to spell syzygy that I found on a Google search)?

joe

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
sygyzy said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering how bright studio lights tend to be, I'm not really surprised. I'd almsot guess that at the end of a day of filming, msot actors are pretty night blind from working in such bright conditions.

Size15's

Flashaholic

That's exactly what I was going to comment on! Darkness that we see at the cinema is usually created using filters and such.
Compared to the lighting rigs actors are used to being subjected to, a tiny SureFire will be small fry!

Al

glen

Newly Enlightened

Maybe I am just now noticing these in movies, but I swear there were hundreds of them, and I have never notice them before in a movie - many differnt models both attached to guns and hand held.

Drjones

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
glen said:
It was an action film, not some film that will change your life or how you view the universe. If you want women in bikinis, Ferraris, car chases, machine guns, explosions, etc... Better action that the last Matrix film, and I giggled my *** off. Anyone who did nto enjoy the film is so uptight, if you shoved a SF up their *** and twisted, the anondizing woudl strip off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gifI gave BB2 a full 5 stars.

[/ QUOTE ] Agreed. It looks like a good film and one I want to see. Hot scantily clad women, guns and Ferraris are the stuff dreams are made of... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

JOshooter

Enlightened

I saw T 3 but wasn't paying attention to the flashlights. I'm not going to spend another $42.50 to see a movie I've already seen so I'll just have to wait till the DVD is released. Bad Boys II is another story though. I'm going to have to keep my eyes peeled. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif

Drjones

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Darell said:
You'll see plenty of Surefires in Terminator III as well.

[/ QUOTE ] Really? Where? I also wasn't paying attention to the lights as much as the guns and other stuff, but when did they use flashlights?

Darell

Flashaholic

Whenever you see large, automatic rifles, you'll see them. The movie was quite enjoyable, but quite forgettable too, I'm afriad. Can't tell you just where to look... but they jumped out at ME, certainly. If you're at all alert for it, you'll be sure to see them.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
glen said:
Anyone who did nto enjoy the film is so uptight, if you shoved a SF up their *** and twisted, the anondizing woudl strip off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gifI gave BB2 a full 5 stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, that's catchy. Maybe you should be a movie reviewer. You'd probably need a different analogy though, I don't think the general public would "get" this one.

Peter

shrap

Enlightened

I watched it when it first came out, and this is my take on it:

It's an action movie where the non-action sequences are better than the action sequences.

The dynamic between Lawrence and Smith is the highlight of the movie.

As for the action sequences, I think the director was given far too much of a budget, and as a result all of them have big explosions, way too many guns and special forces guys, and run too long. After a while, you've seen it all.

All the guns look like Surefire ads - M6's, tons of accessories, lights, scopes. Too bad they forgot to put beamshapers on those lights, it would have been more practical (and look even cooler).

lhz

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Darell said:
You'll see plenty of Surefires in Terminator III as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

There were flshlights in T3??? I must have been looking at something else. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif (like Kristanna Loken's butt, for example)

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast

SWAT will likely feature plenty of Surefires also, looks like the marketing department is working overtime at Surefire, now if they could just keep up with consumer demand. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.