Photon Freedom from Battery Junction

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
I was just getting ready to place my order for this light and was amazed with how great the price was. THEN!! I was shocked to see that on basic ground shipping the cost was $10.01... just for shipping!!

[size=-1] [/size][size=-1][font=verdana,arial][size=-2]Item Name[/size][/size][/font][size=-1] [/size][size=-1][font=verdana,arial][size=-2]SubTotal[/size][/size][/font][size=-1] [/size] [size=-1]
[/size]

[size=-1]
[/size]

[size=-1]
[/size]

[size=-1][size=-2]1[/size][/size][size=-1] [/size][size=-1][font=verdana,arial][size=-2]Photon Freedom Micro Keychain Microlight - Many Colors Available![/size]
[font=verdana,arial][size=-2] LED Color: White[/size][/font][/size][/font][size=-1] [/size][size=-1][font=verdana,arial][size=-2]9.95[/size][/size][/font][size=-1] [/size] [size=-1]
[/size]

[size=-1]
[/size]

[size=-1][font=verdana,arial][size=-2]Subtotal:[/size][/size][/font][size=-1] [/size][size=-1][font=verdana,arial][size=-2]9.95[/size][/size][/font][size=-1] [/size] [size=-1]
[/size]

[size=-1]
[/size]

[size=-1][font=verdana,arial][size=-2]Coupon offer (5% savings):[/size][/size][/font][size=-1] [/size][size=-1][font=verdana,arial][size=-2]-0.50[/size][/size][/font][size=-1] [/size] [size=-1]
[/size]

[size=-1]
[/size]

[size=-1][font=verdana,arial][size=-2]Subtotal:[/size][/size][/font][size=-1] [/size][size=-1][font=verdana,arial][size=-2]9.45[/size][/size][/font][size=-1] [/size] [size=-1]
[/size]

[size=-1]
[/size]

[size=-1][font=verdana,arial][size=-2]Shipping:[/size][/size][/font][size=-1] [/size][size=-1][font=verdana,arial][size=-2]10.01[/size][/size][/font][size=-1] [/size] [size=-1]
[/size]

[size=-1]
[/size]

[size=-1][font=verdana,arial][size=-2]Tax:[/size][/size][/font][size=-1] [/size][size=-1][font=verdana,arial][size=-2]0.00[/size][/size][/font][size=-1] [/size] [size=-1]
[/size]

[size=-1]
[/size]

[size=-1][font=verdana,arial][size=-2]Total:[/size][/size][/font][size=-1] [/size][size=-1][font=verdana,arial][size=-2]19.46[/size][/size][/font][size=-1] [/size]
Am I missing something? I'm not going to pay 10 bucks to ship something this tiny.

cabindriver

Newly Enlightened
I don't know where you're located but I just tried and first class shipping came in at $3.95. Of course, I think it's hard to just order one thing from MattK!

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you give him a call maybe he can do something for you since that is such a small item. That is a tremendous price for the best keychain light currently available.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi BirdofPrey - ground rates are based upon UPS rates to your destination (actually calculated live by a UPS server). If you're particularly far from us or in a remote area UPS can be expensive. As Cabindrivier points out USPS First class will be a lot less -that $3.95 would be good anywhere in the US.

zerafull

Newly Enlightened
MattK , and for europe destination by air mail, it's expensive too ? (little package)

thank

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've placed two orders for Mattk's PFs (each for two) and it worked out very well for me. Full retail pack w/accessories. He even stocked 'Covert' when I asked for it. They were good deals all around, with no surprises, for me.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sub - thanks for your kind words and continued business!

zerafull - Our international shipping rates are based upon USPS Air Parcel post rates with insurance. We offer CPF members Air Letter UNINSURED shipping on a per request basis that is usually about 1/3 the cost but loss/damage is at your own risk because this shipping product cannot be insured. The loss rate with Air Letter is tiny, it's quite safe but as a business we have to protect ourselves and the 'average' customer by only shipping with insurance.

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
I ordered anyway without seeing how to get the shipping cost down. Ordered other items as well. Shipping was 11 bucks and some change but started at 10 and went up from there. I didn't see to order it USPS.

Oh well. As long as the products are great "batteries, chargers, and photon light" I'll be happy.

thezman

Enlightened
I just bought a Freedom Micro and a 18650 battery and chose 1st Class Mail, shipping was $4.45.
Thanks for the tip on these lights, great for what they are, and super good price. :grin2:

And Matt from BJ, if you read this, I accidently called you Mike when I thanked you in the order form comment box.
DOH, I can be such a fr00t sometimes. :ohgeez:

kwando

Newly Enlightened
what is nose convert? i am going to order a few and was curious.

thezman

Enlightened
The covert nose covers the side of the led. It aims the light forward and reduces side glare from the led.

Edited to add: I type too damn slow. :rant:

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
BirdofPrey - on the page where you enter your shipping information there's a dropdown box to select the service level - we offer USPS FC, USPS PM, Ground, 3-day, 2 Day, Next Day Saver and Next Day.
PM with with your order number and I'll change it if it's not too late.

Thanks thezman and everyone else for your continued patronage!

cabindriver

Newly Enlightened
thezman said:
The covert nose covers the side of the led. It aims the light forward and reduces side glare from the led.

Edited to add: I type too damn slow. :rant:
It's just that we're all so helpful around here.

The Voice of Reason

Newly Enlightened
Slightly OT, but I just wanted to register my vote for Battery Junction - I dealt with John and found him to always be helpful and patient with my numerous queries.

BTW, they're great with international shipping.