Everyone stay off CPF until I get back...

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Seriously - does anyone ever come back from a weekend out of town or a couple days of being too busy to check what's up, and log on, and feel totally disoriented with the amount of posts & progress people and companies have made?

I feel like I spend a good deal of time here, but there's never enough hours in the day to really grasp all the really interesting and exciting things that happen here.

And on that note, I'm going out tonight, and won't be back until tomorrow morning, so I'd appreciate it if you'd all do the same, so everything will be just like it was when I left! :nana:

:) john

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I've noticed the same thing on those rare occasions when I miss a day or three. I can't imagine how long it must take a noob to get up to speed these days here at CPF. It was tough enough for me four years ago when I first discovered this crazy place.

Geoff

Illum

Flashaholic
after a vacation is like returning to a foreign place...you dont even know how to drive around...

on CPF things change so rapidly....new faces, new threads...and completely different topics...I didnt quite realize the CREE craze until 2 months passed

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you snooze you will loose the new CREEations in the GB.
crackup.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Beamhead said:
Great idea Sig, you start!:grin2:
Ok, I'll do it!! Here's the prize (I just haven't figured out how I'm going to run this contest?! :ohgeez: )...

It's the EXTREMELY Limited Edition 2007 CPF FLASHLight (with Candle Power Forums markings & serial number of course. This single production model hasn't been through the engraving process yet as I need to decide which color Sharpie would be best!!).

This run is absolutely limited to the one pictured here (as it's the only empty TP tube I could find and my wife would be absolutely crazed if she came into the room and I was emptying rolls of TP just for the tubes. Additionally, my kids would probably be calling for some sort of medical -oops, "mental"- help for me as well and then I'd have to explain "Flashaholism" and such to folks who just wouldn't understand!)

For your viewing pleasure:
"The EXTREMELY Limited Edition 2007 CPF FLASHLight"
( :D I may have to name this after jch79!! :D )

2007cpfje8.jpg

Last edited:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about some beamshots! Primaries only......lumens.....is that the "new" carbide coating I just read about.....runtimes.....

Karl

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Folks come on...this was at the Shot Show & was supposed to have been kept under wraps until more parts could be procured. Please don't release any info (other than has been posted of course!).

There's a possibility the illumination portion of the light will be enhanced and/or even replaced with a higher power device!! I suppose the body could be reduced in size to make it more pocket-able as well!! Shhhhhhhhhh - I "hear" there could even be colors on the mass production run.

I'm thinking of setting up a pre-pay list, since that seems to work sooooooo well around these halls!! :ohgeez: These standard models "should" be shipping out of the lab by the end of 2009, no 2012, if not next month or next fall or by Christmas ONLY if there are no delays with parts or postal screw ups or members bogging me down on the CPF with answering questions and having to come up with more excuses as to why they haven't shipped yet. All sorts of things could go wrong, as a matter of fact - I expect it, uh...er, I mean everything is coming along as planned!! :thumbsup:

But, hey I've already invented a new process that would allow a faster method of securing the illumination portion to the host! I'm also working on a way to enhance the beam's "throw" (instead of all fire - uh, I mean flood!) - but I'm not sure how far I can throw this, seeing as I'm basically keeping it as "light" as possible and without more weight - it doesn't go very far. I may incorporate extra illumination devices as a bonus to those who prepay and are patient enough to wait for the final product!!

Hey, thanks really - afterall I couldn't (& wouldn't!) have gotten this far without your interest!!

Last edited:

KingSmono

Enlightened
I betcha the 'beam' from that thing can set a newspaper on fire quicker than a USL or Macs Torch!

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
This exciting and groundbreaking new light has already generated a huge amount of interest, with CPF members falling over each other in their anxiety to be the first to own one. I can foresee a "Jeers" thread of massive proportions if delivery is even one day late.

jch79

Ok - see what I mean? I get back, and not only does a new light get revealed by master craftsman Sigman, but it's free! And I missed it. I can only image runtime on that thing!

But you've all failed to mention one thing about Sigman's new "Torch"... I call first dibs on the titanium version! Suckaaaaaas!

john :laughing:

DM51

Flashaholic
Oi, jch79, you said you were going out, so hop it and leave this thread to us.

OK guys, we need to come up with a good name for Sig's new light - we don't want to crap out or get caught with our pants down with this one. I'm not privy to his thinking on this, but I'm sure between us we can come up with something memorable.

Any suggestions?

jch79

Whatever it's called, it's going to be a modder's dream... I can already suspect how to crack this thing open get some Cree LED's up in there!

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
..I think you could greatly extend the runtime if you left the original 'cottonelle finish' wound around the 'barrel', so the roll could unwind according to illumination requirements.. :p :toilet: