BEST LED REPLACEMENT FOR SF--M3T

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just recieved my Surefire M3T without the crenalated bezel
buttrock.gif
and really like it!! Anyway.. I see myself using it a ton and want to replace the incandecent for an LED. On Lighthound.com I saw the ArcMania 5 watt turbohead module and noticed its Beauty & also the PRICE. I have noticed people talking about the brightness and tight beam produced by the new Cree emiters. Does anyone have the ArcMania replacement? Is it worth the money? Has anyone upgaded to a Cree with "noticably" improved brightness and runtime?
I have seen the INSANE things Miklyspit has done......UNREAL!!!!!
I want a replacable LED...so that I still have the option to use the incandesent when needed.
Any help would be great!

Last edited:

Paladin

Enlightened
Have you looked at the KL6 LED bezel? I picked one up from OpticsHq intending to use it as an indoor LED option on a M971 weapon light which came with the same turbo head as an M3T. Eventually I picked up an L6 light body (actually two) and rolled my own "L6" because all vendors I deal with were backordered on factory L6's.

My "parts built" M3 uses the second L6 body, avoiding any potential discussions about why a "combatlight" is not a weapon-like item.

Paladin

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did...... but I already have an L5. I looked at purchasing just the KL6 head and relized I could buy an L5 for just a little more. And it seems that there isn't a HUGE difference in the throw of the L5 vs. L6/KL6. I bought it (L5) cause I have an M951XM weaponlight and the heads are interchangable. I also have the LU15 upgrade kit for the M951 so was considering the KL6 but I don't think it will be noticably brighter or throw much further than the L5. I want a replacement for the turbo head cause I like the idea of lots of throw, as opposed to the L5's beam. With the reliablity of an LED I won't have to buy as many expensive incandecent bulbs. The L5 is bright as hell but I want MORE THROW and hopefully BRIGHTER than the L5.

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast
You really can't beat the ArcMania TH -- killer throw with good spill. It easily beats my L6 and my L6 is modded with an X bin Lux V by Milkey. I do have an extra TH, so pm me if you are interested.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you have any beamshots available? I am interested as I have not seen anything else available....Price seems to be the only problem....so far.
I may have to get rid of some of my collection to be able to afford a new one.
Does anyone else have beamshot or input on this subject?
I really like the L5....but would like a brighter light with more throw....IF possible.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a thread about using a Seoul P4 in a turbo module: http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=149742

I wouldn't waste money on a Lux V module unless you only want one for momentary usage; the prices are high, the heatsinking is marginal at best, and in real world usage the incandescent lamp performs much better. The P4 may be a better option, but I would rather invest that $$ in MN15 lamps instead. :)

Last edited:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like he thought of not having to buy a ton of expensive bulbs. It seems that this is the only replacement currently out. I heard something about a TWO STAGE?
Any info?..........I know its pricey but I want something nice. I plan to use this a ton!

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: BEST LED REPLACEMENT FOR SF--M3T & M3

I know the KL6 works but How 'bout anything for the M3? maybe brighter?

Last edited:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
After seeing that thread I've got a P4 emitter on the way. I think I can machine my own tower module....maybe....How much is the downboy 1000ma? What else if anything do I need? Where can I get one? Even a used Arcmania would be nice...