Thoughts on the New Inova T4 with K2

Lumenation

Newly Enlightened
I know the K2 did not pan out to be the greatest LED ever, but I think I might really enjoy the combo of an Inova, reflector, K2, and rechargable. Does anybody have one, and if so, what are your thoughts.

Last edited:

spinkid

Newly Enlightened
Lumenation, I have 2 original T4's and 1 new style with the K2. I love the light, it is actually better for me all around (for both walks with dogs and kids and for work at night). The flood beam is really nice and much more useful for walking. I have only had it for about 2 weeks, so I have not been able to really beat it up bad, but I am pleased. I purchased mine from www.BatteryJunction.com . I live within 30 minutes from there and was actually able to go and pick it up. If you ask member MattK nicely, he should be able to take care of you and ship you a new style T4. Good luck, you won't be disappointed.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi MattK!

I sent you a PM with a question, but got an error message, did you recieve it?

AlexGT

Danbo

Enlightened
Lumenation said:
So exactly how floody is the new T4. Also, what kind of throw does it have.

My question, exactly. I had one of the older T4s and didn't much care for the tight throw beam, with the "Rings of Saturn" look to it.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
No rings of saturn, the beam is quite clean now. Brighter with lots more flood and nearly as much throw. IMHO it's a huge improvement.

Alex - just got the PM will reply momentarily.

Lumenation

Newly Enlightened
I would really love to see some beamshots and light measurements if anyone has some. Looks like the wallet($$) is about to be running on empty again. I have been holding out for a T4 with a reflector, and the K2 is merely icing on the cake.

frogs3

Enlightened
What is the real-world runtime on the new T4? I love my T2 (in my pocket as edc) and my wife (realtor) has made clients impressed with the T5 in dark basements, crawlspaces, etc, so I would like to know if the T4 continues the tradition of good runtime, lots of output, solid construction, etc.

Thanks,

HAK

ginaz

Enlightened
does anyone know how much current they are sending through the led?

TacticalGrilling

Newly Enlightened
Beamshots coming, converting the shots in Photoshop now...

Be Safe, Grill Tactical.

-Nick
TacticalGrilling.com