How Much Is Gas In Your Area?

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was lucky enough to find 87 octane for $1.75 this afternoon. While I was filling up, they were changing the sign to $1.79 but I've seen $1.89 all over the city.

What's it like in your city?

Marty

snuffy

Enlightened
Indy as of yesterday and going UP.
icon8.gif
icon8.gif

87 octane: $1.75

89 octane: $1.85

91 octane: $1.95

Stefan

Enlightened
Originally posted by vcal:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Stefan:
76.9 cents a liter (in Canada).
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Would that be about like $2.50 (U.S.) per a gallon?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Would be closer to $2.90/gallon Canadian funds, before the exchange rate. Quick currency conversion and its like $1.91 US per gallon. And thats just for the 87 Octane.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Went up here 18 cents a gallon since Monday.

Now $1.54.9 per gallon for "regular" unleaded 86 octane, except at Walmart where it is $1.51.9

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Diesel $1.75-$1.85.

Here's what I don't get. A barrel of oil closed today at $32.45. 1974-1978 oil was around $20 a barrel and fuel cost $.70-$.80 cents a gallon. So if you compare $20 a barrel, which is .36 per gallon, and $32.45, which is $.59 per gallon, you would think the price of fuel would be $.23 higher plus inflation and the Al Gore tax. It's a dollar a gallon higher, what's up with that?

Alchemist

Newly Enlightened
$5.50 per gallon is the cheapest I can get it in the UK for
frown.gif

this is a bargain though, only about 75-80% tax
icon15.gif

I'm sure the government are spending all this on environmental problems though, so thats nice
tongue.gif

Alan.

whiskypapa3

Enlightened
$1.69 - 1.85 here in western MD.

In th early eighties the company I worked for went on a crash program to outfit a couple dozen rust bucket tankers with SatCom systems. The tankers were filled with gasoline and under sailing orders to make minimum headway to somewhere near Bermuda.

Instant gas shortage on the East Coast, Big price spike. Refineries in central states started pipelining gas east to get in on the action, shortage and price spike moved west. A few short Telexs and the tankers started moving in to unlaod gas loaded at $.70 (wholesale) at $1.05. It was all over in two months. SatCom systems back in warehouse before the 90 day lease was up.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! no wonder Irak looks appealing, get rid of terrorists and get cheap gas, all in one step.

BTW gas here (Mexico)is $2.4 USD a gallon for unleaded and $2.7 for premium, be thankful! It can get worse.

EMPOWERTORCH

Enlightened
76.9p here, although Rix, who supply our loccal petrol station went on Midlands Today to announce price rises. This is a bit of a blow as my bike isn't running as it should and is drinking petrol at about 40mpg (average).
If there are any CPFers who know how to fix a temperature related advance/retard problem on a CdI equipped engine, let me know! I've already swapped the CdI unit to no avail!
Send me a private message if you could help! I need to save petrol and mos of it seems to be heating my exhaust pipe!