• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Ti McLux III PD, UXOK, **sold**

jemab

Enlightened
I was able to pick up an xr-19 PD- mizer so I have to let go of this Ti PD that I just bought:ohgeez:

Ti McLux III PD, UXOK $580. I will ship this priority mail with delivery confirmation. I prefer paypal. US sale only. PM me with any questions. The first "I'll take it" in this thread gets priority.
****SOLD***

IMG_1294.jpg

Last edited:

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Ti McLux III PD, UXOK

Pardon me for noticing but there seems to be alot of hairline scratches on your offering. Can those scratches dissapear if polished and with what compound?

Thanks

jemab

Enlightened

yep, it can be polished to a mirror finish if you like... not sure what metal polish people use... I'm sure someone else could weigh in on that...

Last edited:

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast

That light can definitely be polished to a beautiful finish.

A little bit of sandpaper......up to 2000 grit (depending on the look you want) and then end it off with a buffing polish using the metal polishing compound that can be found in most Home Depot's (it's the green stuff that has the texture and consistency of crayons). Make sure you got a rotary tool like a dremel with the buffing attachments. 3 hours max.

WP

PhantomZ

Enlightened

the hairline scratches are from the machine and ppl handling them from the factory. Don has already stated that there will be some flaws due to the machines and he is going to leave it as is. dont let the picture turn you down. its the lighting from the way he took his pic that makes it look how it is now. if you acually had it in your hands, you'll drop your jaw.

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast

PhantomZ said:
the hairline scratches are from the machine and ppl handling them from the factory. Don has already stated that there will be some flaws due to the machines and he is going to leave it as is. dont let the picture turn you down. its the lighting from the way he took his pic that makes it look how it is now. if you acually had it in your hands, you'll drop your jaw.

+1 on that!

jemab

Enlightened

ok, I've done a little polishing... just enough to buff out the scratches.. looks pretty good... maybe I'll keep going...
IMG_1309.jpg

hoppy1010

Newly Enlightened

Keep going if you want to but the scratches are what make

it a Ti-PD as Don says he makes them to be users. not shelf queens.

Jay

Last edited:

jemab

Enlightened

hoppy1010-
I personally like the McLuxes in their 'natural' state too... and I do use them
naughty.gif

I'm just shining this one up a little A) because it is for sale and there seemed to be some concern that this light was full of scratches, and B) just to see if I could do it
biggrin.gif

so, who needs a Ti McLux PD?........ anyone? anyone?
au.gif

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

All true but the job can be done in 5 minutes at a proper polishing shop.
Most cities have a place that polishes wheels and chrome and still like that.
I have a couple that I use.
I usually just bring m buddy a couple of buds at the end of the week ...you know Friday and ask him if he can hit this or that hunk of ti for a second. First he asks what the hell is it then he just shakes his head and goes to it a few minutes later he emerges from one of the dirtiest places in the world with this totaly bitchin polished hunk of metal.
This is totally the easy out.
Yaesumofo
WAVE_PARTICLE said:
That light can definitely be polished to a beautiful finish.

A little bit of sandpaper......up to 2000 grit (depending on the look you want) and then end it off with a buffing polish using the metal polishing compound that can be found in most Home Depot's (it's the green stuff that has the texture and consistency of crayons). Make sure you got a rotary tool like a dremel with the buffing attachments. 3 hours max.

WP

Roccomo

Enlightened

A cool light and very tempting:rock:

Fringe

Enlightened

I can't believe this light is still here! This is such a great light for the money and it should evlove nicely with any owner. I know a lot of people missed out on Don's latest offering and this is still here!?

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast

I agree, this is amazing how non-cree or non-SCC stuff won't sell anymore on custom BST :huh: :huh:

I believe people don't realize that non matter the numbers (which are obviously with Cree/SCC), in term of USEFULNESS, the Ti-PD is not far behind. I believe in most situations and for most people, there is vistually NO difference at all. I still EDC my Ti-PD, and after months of use I'm still amazed how outstanding it performs.

charlesn

Enlightened

I agree with Tino. I currently have both this light and an XR-19 Ti-PD in my possession. On low, they are (to my eye) nearly identical. On high, the Cree is no-doubt-about-it brighter, but it's not a difference that in any way negates the EDC usefulness of the Lux III U-bin. When you compare them side-by-side, you're not thinking, "How did I ever see my way in the dark with THIS?"

It makes sense to me that the resale market for Don's Ti lights seems to have slowed a bit, at least at prices above cost. Not long ago, you had everyone who wanted one chasing the 30+ McLux III-Ts. The laws of supply and demand made the resale market red hot and drove prices through the roof. Now, there are probably 200+ Ti lights out there from Don, with more on the way, plus the idea of keeping them "in production" if there's sufficient demand. I would say that the market for $400-$500 flashlights is a fairly limited one, and we're simply seeing supply catch up with demand.

As far as "non-Cree" stuff not selling on CPF any longer, I would point out that a Lux III Ti Chameleon just sold for almost $900. But there are only 20 of those lights in existence, so once again the laws of supply and demand prevail.

Fringe

Enlightened

You are right about supply and demand, BUT, a lot of these lights are not ones that are in production or going to be be made again for sure.

As the Ti Cham, the III-T was made in a very small run and being a twisty, these alone should keep the price of the light up. The TiPD is similar in this aspect too. I believe that the people who don't own any of these lights feel they would rather wait for the newest stuff, but the people who have handled or own the above lights realize their value and would gladly search them out for spares or replacements. I know I would.
Oh God I hope my III-T is returned safely.
Bump.