A True Story - Pelican LED shines the way

I was looking for a true stories thread about flashlights and couldn't find any. So I am going to post mine here and see if anyone is interested in reading it:

There is an intersection near my home with a dangerous crosswalk on the North side. This crosswalk is dangerous because it slopes downward toward the East. This means that drivers making a left turn from the West side to go Northbound, through that crosswalk can barely see the pedestrian and the distance to that pedestrian until they're almost on top of them! Well, this is the setting.

I have nearly been struck on several occassions at this crosswalk. Drivers can't see you from their left turn lane and they simply accelerate toward you, until at the last minute they hit the brakes. SCARY! I myself have been a driver through this intersection and understand the lack of visibility. Now comes the flashlight part.

On a cold, dark, rainy night, I took the bus home from a night class. I had along my Pelican 2330, 1W non-reg, and suddenly realized I needed to use this thing to cross the street without getting mauled by an SUV. As the light was about to turn green, I shined it diagonally at the left turner and then onto myself so they can see me. Wow, did I feel like a King that night. The line of left turners behaved like I'd never seen them do it...

From that point on, I gave my Pelican 2330 to my female cousin and bought myself a Pelican 2390. Every time I go out and have to cross that intersection, I take my 3W-reg LED baby with me. No driver making a left through that dreaded crosswalk can miss seeing me now. Last night I crossed that intersection three times. Tonight again. No mishaps. No screech of brakes. No yelling, cursing or angry feelings.

Why? Because my $73.00 purchase of a Pelican 2390, and my greasing and TLC to this light - it came kind of dry from the factory - has allowed me to overcome this horrid, disturbing (dangerous) crosswalk/intersection, and the flashlight has turned it into my personal city shortcut and trail. No more having to go around it. With my Pelican 2390, I just go right through it!!! :awman:Before Pelican 2390: :mad: After Pelican 2390: :whistle: :huh: :lolsign:

protein_man

Newly Enlightened
Good story search_and_rescue, I have one of my own. I recently bought a propolymer 4AA luxeon and went for a walk with my Wife that night. Being my favorite toy at the moment the torch came with.

Whilst walking, a large dog escapes its yard and comes hurtling towards us, this dog wasn't being nice, I can tell you that now! Armed with my polymer toy I pointed it straight at the Mongols eyes and proceeded to burn it's retinas to a crisp!

The dog immediately stopped advancing and stood still wondering if we were worth it! There is a good chance that carrying that flashlight saved me from some bite marks and the dogs life!

Wow, this story is even more dramatic than mine. The SL Propolymer 4AA Luxeon is defintely brighter than the Pelican 2390. It has further reach and whiter LED beam. Thank you for sharing.:bumpit:

protein_man said:
Good story search_and_rescue, I have one of my own. I recently bought a propolymer 4AA luxeon and went for a walk with my Wife that night. Being my favorite toy at the moment the torch came with.

Whilst walking, a large dog escapes its yard and comes hurtling towards us, this dog wasn't being nice, I can tell you that now! Armed with my polymer toy I pointed it straight at the Mongols eyes and proceeded to burn it's retinas to a crisp!

The dog immediately stopped advancing and stood still wondering if we were worth it! There is a good chance that carrying that flashlight saved me from some bite marks and the dogs life!

LightScene

Enlightened
I like these stories. I'll have to read through the story threads. Thanks.

Chao

Enlightened
Thanks for this good true story, I like it.