Newb recommendations

ben_mm7

Newly Enlightened
Hey all,
Been lurking for a little while and have a question. I have a couple of lights, mag 2d new led style, a couple of knockoffs and a surefire c2 centurion. Im looking for a rechargable light that is at the minimum the same brightness as the led mag. I love my c2 but the hour battery life and costly replacemnt makes me use it too sparingly. What do you all like? Im not picky on size unless its like my mostorous 15million cp spotlight, thats a little big lol

Ben

edit: would like to keep under 150 cad

redskins38

Newly Enlightened
Might want to look into an orb raw or orb ns. Great little rechargeable light. Two levels of brightness. It runs off or Cr2s. You can get one for around 80-100 US. My raw is my edc and it works great. Might also want to look at a E1L. Great size and it can throw a long way

ben_mm7

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the welcome! I googled the lights you suggested, the orb ones look pretty tiny. Im not to sure about the E1L I would prefer something that is like a self contained plug in wire type or runs off commonly found rechargeables like AA, C, D then I could pick up a charger for those. Sorry for my termanology im pretty new to this stuff!

Thanks
Ben

CLHC

Flashaholic
Greetings and Welcome to CPF!

How about the Streamlight Strion? It's similarly sized as the SureFire C2 if not a tad bit smaller, and is rechargeable!

Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a Fenix L1D CE and am really happy with it. The light + some rechargeable AAs should be under your budget.

NAW

Enlightened
ben_mm7 said:
I love my c2 but the hour battery life and costly replacemnt makes me use it too sparingly.

You could get 2 rechargeable batteries, a charger, and a different lamp assembly to turn your C2 into a rechargeble light. The rechargeable batteries wont work with the p60 & P61 because those are 6V lamps and the currents from the batteires would fry them.

If you are interested this link will lead you to what you can use.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/144427

Last edited:

ben_mm7

Newly Enlightened
I checked out the new models suggested and am very interested in the Streamlight Strion and that little fenix L1D CE. Theres no review for the latter on flashlight reviews, recharging the strion in the truck would be an awesome bonus on hunting trips. Where is the best place to get these lights. Im in southern Ontario.
Thanks alot
Ben

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi there,

Get a KL5 head (<USD100) to match with the C2 body, get some AW rechargeables Hi current R123s, and you'll end up with around 100 guilt free lumens......

CLHC

Flashaholic
Another rechargeable torch recommandation may possibly be the Vortex Visioin TCx series, that is if you don't mind LED lighting. . .

ben_mm7

Newly Enlightened
I ordered the strion with both chargers, I didn't mod my current c2 because well as everyone knows more is better. We will see what happens when she shows up! Thanks Everyone!

Ben