Chinese New Year Sunday 18th February. 新年快樂. 新年快乐.

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chinese New Year Sunday 18th February. 新年快樂. 新年快乐.

Factories, dealers, postal service etc, all will be closed prior to and for a while afterwards, so get those orders in now !!

2007 could well be the "Year of the Torch"

"Congratulations and be prosperous"

Traditional 新年快樂

Simplified 新年快乐

Best wishes to Kyle, Melissa, Kae, Bonnie, David, Dae.

(Just my recent contacts)

And all my in-laws family HK, Kowloon & Tae Po

Last edited:

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Chinese New Year Saturday 18th February. 新年快樂. 新年快乐.

Happy Chinese New Year in advance to everyone :)

fineday

Newly Enlightened

Thanks very much :D

Is there anyone else from China?

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Chinese New Year Sunday 18th February. 新年快樂. 新年快乐.

I was just looking at the calendar and noticed that it's going to be observed with a holiday on Monday the 19th .... oh! nevermind, I guess the holiday was intended for something else :)

It's a little early, but Happy Lunar New Year to all the cultures that celebrate it (Chinese, Vietnamese, and less significantly, Korean?) Happy Year of the Boar/Pig.

D@rk Messenger

Enlightened

I'm a chinese Canadian :grin2: ...does that count?

Best wishes and happy new year (going to have nice dinner with grandparents and family)...Still waiting for the year of the horse, lol

Illum

Flashaholic

Immigrant from Taiwan,
Happy new year to you too

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast

I dunno, does it count when people of Chinese ancestry celebrate the lunar new year in countries like Cambodia, Viet Nam, Singapore, Taiwan, Brazil, Macao, United States, Mexico, UK, and Germany? Seeing that Vancouver's Chinatown was once only second to San Francisco's, and given the large population of people of Chinese ancestry in the greater Vancouver (and of course Richmond) and Toronto areas ... why not?

And no, I'm not kidding about Germany. I was at this Chinese restaurant in Hannover, spoke a bit with the owner, just to find out that his sister lived in the U.S., in the same neighborhood as my brother!

D@rk Messenger said:
I'm a chinese Canadian :grin2: ...does that count?

Best wishes and happy new year (going to have nice dinner with grandparents and family)...Still waiting for the year of the horse, lol

WNG

Enlightened

"Does it count?"

Sure!

Just like there's a little bit of Irish in all of us during St. Patrick's Day (woohoo! Beer!)

There's a little bit of Chinese in all of us on Chinese New Year. Especially if you've order chinese take out!
;-D

I was told it's a very long national holiday celebration on the mainland, all work comes to a halt...so, yes...definitely get your orders in early if you want your lights.

LA OZ

Enlightened

Happy new year! I am in Australia and will meet up with family for a BIG dinner.:laughing:

I believe it is the year of the PIG - Intelligent and prosperous. I might break my piggy bank to buy more torches.