LxD CE Interface observation

pae77

Enlightened
This may seem obvious to those who actually have one of these lights but I see many comments in various threads which complain about the apparent complexity of the new Fenix interfaces with their multiple available modes and instead express a longing for a simple on off one or at most a realtively simple two mode interface.

But one of the things that's really cool about the new interface on these Fenix's (Fenii?) is that for all practical purposes the interface on them can be just as simple as one wants. If one wants it to come up in the brightest mode with one click on and one click off, you have it. You just leave it set in the "turbo" mode and click once for on, once more for off. Just like the L1P, (except a heck of a lot brighter). What could be simpler.

Likewise, one can leave the light set in the "general" mode so just one click on and off will give you the lowest mode on and off, if that is your preference.

A simple 1/8th or so twist of the head toggles between the brightest mode and the lowest mode.

If one doesn't want to hassle with the available levels within each mode, one can easily avoid the partial clicks or "taps" which cycle through the various levels. The great thing is they are there for those who want them and easily ignored (bypassed) for those who prefer simplicity and don't want to hassle with the multiple levels, (although in actual use, it is not a hassle at all and really quite simple and intuitive).

So in summary, I wouldn't hold off getting one of these lights because of imagined issues with the interface. JMHO.

SKYWLKR

Enlightened
There is a call for which short burst's of bright light ranging from .5-3 seconds.

The Strobe throws a big monkey wrench to it.

I Really like the settable UI of the Arc 4+.

If the L1D came with a momentary switch and a Full ON with no other options in turbo mode it would be the most useful and do it all interface possible.

Last edited: