G2 with CREE

ADDICTED2LITE

Newly Enlightened
Anybody have a surefire G2 with the lighthound CREE LED drop-in? If I buy the drop in, what light should I get the 6P or the G2?

scubasteve1942

Enlightened
I would go with the 6p because it will draw the most heat away from the LED. The G2's plastic acts as insulation and holds the heat in.

jlomein

Enlightened
xm_8 said:

The discussion in this one is kind of shady. The seller indicates that it will fit in any light that takes the P60/P61 lamp, however it doesn't sound like a G2 was tested.

As already mentioned, the G2 is polymer and may have different heat characteristics than the aluminium 6P.

I am very interested in this as I want to buy an incan G2, and am looking at all the upgrade options down the road.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you mod a G&P 1 watt drop in with a Seoul, you get a nice 100-ish lumen light that the G2 can handle...6 hr runtime to boot...

berto

Newly Enlightened
I thought the cree's didnt have the same heat issues as a lux 3 ? the bog drop in has a lux3 in it and it dosent get to hot in a g2? So I dont see why a cree in wich most of the heat escapes the emmiter as light would get too hot.

bray

Newly Enlightened
tesla. i have the drop in and a g2 .. g2 doesnt work because there is no contact between the negative on the bulb and the thin metal tubing of hte light that runs down the body. works fine on others even tho they have a slight gap between the body and bezel because the reflector is quite long

Clickie

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone tried taking the reflector off and the heatsink part and seeing if you can fit it into a Surefire E2E? If you look at the first link of the four posted, the ultrafire one, they have it all taken apart and it looks like I could squeeze it into it!