Kel Lite lens

TonyMazz

Newly Enlightened
I have a perfectly working Kel lite 3-D...and want to restore some clarity to the lens...and new xenon bulb.

My Dad gave it to me before he passed away in 86...it's an awesome torch...but want to keep it running tip top...

Any ideas on new lens' and what bulb it takes ?

willrx

Enlightened
I believe cpf member abtomat has at least one. You may want to pm him. Good luck. You got any pics?

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'll probably have to measure the lens, as Kel-Lite had two head sizes (if this is an older Kel-Lite.) As for a bulb, the Mag-Num Star 3 cell Xenon bulb should be available locally. Optionally you might want to try one of the new MagLED modules (it will fit into some of the later/last models of Kel-Lites or Kel-Lites by Streamlight.

TonyMazz said:
I have a perfectly working Kel lite 3-D...and want to restore some clarity to the lens...and new xenon bulb.

My Dad gave it to me before he passed away in 86...it's an awesome torch...but want to keep it running tip top...

Any ideas on new lens' and what bulb it takes ?

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kel-Lite had three head sizes. The medium was introduced last in the late '70s. They actually may have had a fourth but that wasn't in production long at all.

I have some lenses, but they're all heavily used and probably no better than yours. I'd recommend first trying to buff it with plastic scratch removing compound, like they sell for wash crystals and the like. I've also found that fine red rouge on a buffing wheel will work pretty well.

Failing that, go to a plastics supplier and get a sheet of polycarbonate the same thickness. Cut out a new lens and sand the edges round.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would you happen to have pictures of all three head sizes? I only have one Kel-Lite left and it's one of the 4D Streamlight ones from around 1980-81

ABTOMAT said:
Kel-Lite had three head sizes. The medium was introduced last in the late '70s.