can lexan withstand a 500 lum bulb? and does lps include the coller fore the turbos

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Re: can lexan withstand a 500 lum bulb? and does lps include the coller fore the turbos

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aragorn:
or just reflecter and bulb?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The lexan lens on the SRTH will handle the N62 500 lamp assembly for which it was developed. I'm not certain I understand you use of "coller" as presented here. Email me at [email protected] to discuss.

Wayne

Size15's

Flashaholic
Re: can lexan withstand a 500 lum bulb? and does lps include the coller fore the turbos

Me thinks Aragorn means the adapter collar that attaches the TurboHead to the body.

In every TurboHead I've bought, the collar has been included. I woud expect this to be the case with the LPS TurboHead. (It will be called the LPS or SRTH TurboHead until SureFire provide a Z number for it!
wink.gif
)

I have used the 12PM with N62 and Lexan lens for ages and not melted or damaged a lens. The same goes for a Lexan M6.

I would suggest that any SureFire that doesn't have, should have a Z41 LockOut TailCap. Expecially those converted to run the HOLA TurboHead bulbs. Using a LOTC will help prevent damage caused by accidental activation during storage and transport.

Remember that the N62 lamp is "mission-optimized for tactical operations: extremely bright light in short bursts... specifically designed for intermittent operation" [quoted from 12PM manual]

Have fun!

Al
grin.gif

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yup, the SRD3 that I have includes the collar, but I didn't know that until i read this thread...D'oh!!

What's also cool is my SR6P, the LPS head on a 6P with the N1 lamp...

--dan