50W & 75W MR-16 Bulb Choice? Or alternate 18V & 24V high current bulb choices?

Action

Enlightened
50W & 75W MR-16 Bulb Choice? Or alternate 18V & 24V high current bulb choices?

OK, some tri-bore 4D mags are on their way to me for a Kiu switch upgrade. I also have an 18V and a 24V high-current battery packs on their way as well. Now that I have a host and battery packs, I'm looking for opinions for the best MR-16 bulbs available to match with them.

Any suggestions for the choice of a particular manufacturer of MR-16 bulbs?

Any suggestions for the choice of a particular bulb by that manufacturer?

Any suggestions for minimizing the heat transfer to the body (a shield behind the MR-16 reflector)?

I am also considering building one of these lights as a non-MR-16 setup, but still running a Kiu. Any particular suggestions for this setup? I already have some FM reflectors in hand.

mdocod

Flashaholic
Re: 50W & 75W MR-16 Bulb Choice? Or alternate 18V & 24V high current bulb choices?

The GE edison MR-16s are nice, clean beams. I think they would work on the 18V pack fairly well. might pop if it's fresh off the charger though, experimentation required. I'd start with the 50W, since at that overdrive, it'll be more like 90W.

[edit in]
go for the ones rated for 6000 hours life, they will be the most likely to handle the overdrive.

Action

Enlightened
Re: 50W & 75W MR-16 Bulb Choice? Or alternate 18V & 24V high current bulb choices?

Any more suggestions?