Garrity Micro Brite LED copies now at Dollar Tree

Calina

Enlightened
I doubt they are rejects.

I use them a lot and I like them. They are very bright and suprisingly, not that blue. The only thing I regret is that the switch is intermitent only.

Last edited:

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen these at our local 99 cent store occasionally. I can't see any difference between these and Garritys. Their only problem is that it is hard to change the batteries (I assume this is also true of the Garritys). Once you take out the screws and pop off the top half, a bunch of little parts fall off which I haven't yet been able to get back in successfully. Otherwise, they work fine.

dca2

Enlightened
My dad carries those on his keychains. I do not like the amount of space they take up. Fauxtons seem to give the same amount of light for 1/3 the size. Is there a comparison between the 2? I am too lazy to search!:sleepy:

vinsanity286

Newly Enlightened
Damn you, I just wasted a trip to my local dollar tree.:lolsign: O well, hopefully they will come in soon.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rejects can be cosmetic or just overruns, they need not be functional abnormalities. On the other hand, they just might be using the shells with different guts, or just copies.

Calina said:
I doubt they are rejects.

I use them a lot and I like them. They are very bright and suprisingly, not that blue. The only thing I regret is that the switch is intermitent only.

Calina

Enlightened
Brighteyez said:
Rejects can be cosmetic or just overruns, they need not be functional abnormalities. On the other hand, they just might be using the shells with different guts, or just copies.

Or they might be the very same lights rebranded (and "repriced") by Garrity and others. Judging on the quality of these $1.00 lights, I believe this to be the case!

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
That would be called an "overrun"

Calina said:
Or they might be the very same lights rebranded (and "repriced") by Garrity and others. Judging on the quality of these $1.00 lights, I believe this to be the case!

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have seen them at our local Two Dollar shop, I had bought a few and their not
bad at all, these were very bright and have a nice tint to them

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most(all?) coincell keylights that are white leds and that size, are using 2x2016 cells. Red led ones use a 2032. But the phauxtons and Photons and probably everything in between use 2 of the 2016 cells it seems.

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
I highly recommend this Garrity keychain light. Puts my year-old Inova 2x2016 keychain light to shame. IMO this makes a great stocking stuffer or EDC/purse-light for a friend. Can't personally vouch for the 23-hour claimed battery life though.

Don't be put off by the use of 2 2016 cells either... the light costs $4.xx at my local drug store while the two-pack of 2016 batteries cost $6.xx, heh.

I didn't see the "generic" version at Dollar Tree, darn.

Last edited: