Did I wreck my LOP-SE?

capplight

Newly Enlightened
I'm new at modding and am stuck. My first two SSC P4 swaps, in a QIII and LM-303, went well (way brighter!!), so I decided to try my LOP-SE. While removing the old LED and ring shaped contact board, I sheared off both wires right at the surface of where they emerge from their holes next to the heatsink. I can see them, but can't connect anything to them. Before I do any more damage, I figured I'd better ask for professional advice. Is there a way to get to the circuit under the heatsink so that new wires can be attached to the driver circuit? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
capplight said:
Is there a way to get to the circuit under the heatsink so that new wires can be attached to the driver circuit? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Can you post some pictures of the pill/light engine? I've never seen one of these so I'd need to see it from both sides to help.

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it is like the original Lop, I hope ypu are ready for the mext step in modding after just replacing LED`s. For an Lop, the driver is Thermal Epoxied in the head and I have replaced several drivers and LED`s in them. I ground out the driver and the Thermal Epoxy with a Dremel to replace it. It`s fun to me.:rock:

Wait for someone that knows for sure on the Lop SE version before you do anything to make sure.:)

Ken

MM, they are little tiny suckers. Fun with my lousy eye sight.:ohgeez: :grin2:

Last edited: