surefire pistol mount problem

gossipninja

Newly Enlightened
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. This is my first post. I have a new Surefire 6P. I have a pistol flashlight accessory #p-382 from Kel tec for my p11 pistol.
a picture can be seen here
http://www.goldenloki.com/guns/keltec/magflash.jpg
It is a design to allow a pistol without a rail to still have a flashlight attached to it. The problem is, this mount is designed to work with an OLD 6p with a removalbe aluminum contact. I contacted surefire and they do not have the old style contact/tail caps available. I have contacted Kel tec to see if they have a workaround. In the mean time i was hoping someone here might know of a workaround or a means to get an oldstyle tailcap/contact. It seems the old style do not have a lockout tailcap and that is fine.

Thanks
GossipNinja

Size15's

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF!

What pistol make/model do you have? SureFire make a variety of adapters for rail-less handguns.

You may be able to find a classic (non- LockOut TailCap) TailCap on CPF's buy/sell/trade.

I don't pretend to know whether or not a light mount such as the one you want to use is appropriate. My gut feeling is that there are better solutions even to the extent of suggesting you invest in a handgun with rails, or even low-light / no-light "tactical" light training. There are certainly those that argue a handgun light (even a rail-mounted light) is not as effective as a handheld light for the majority of tasks.

It may help us if you were to share why you need a pistol light, how you're gonna holster it with the flashlight mounted etc etc.

Best regards,
Al

gossipninja

Newly Enlightened
the pistol make/model is a kel tec p11 9mm just like in the linked photo above. Holstering it isn't a concern, the gun has a belt clip on it, and I wasn't planning on useing that as my carry magazine, but as my backup mag stored in my messenger bag.
I am aware of some of the negatives with using a pistol attached light for detecting friend or foe but again not really something I'm too concerned with. Basically I like the idea of having a flashlight attached to the gun so both hands can be used to better shot placement if it gets that far and secondly cuz i already have the mag, might as well use it.
Im surprised surefire doesnt have the pieces available. They got a lifetime warranty but then don't keep old style pieces around. I guess they figure they can just send out a new style tail cap and that is enough for most people.