Whatzit? (Sportsmans Guide 2AA LED)

TAHAWK

Newly Enlightened
Sportsman's Guide is selling a 2AA "40 lumens" luxeon. It is twist steady on or push tailcap button for intermittent. 5.5" long. Aluminum body. "4 hours continuous burn time."

The brand listed is "Ultimate Flashlight" on the website and "Ultimate-Lite" in the catalog. The catalog picture shows what may be the word "Blaster" on the side of the body (after a small shield of some sort and above the words "LUXEON LED").

Google has failed me (or I, it). Can the LED Illuminati shed any light on the quality of this tiem, or lack thereof?. (apologies)

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like any 2 AA 1W Luxeon - that may have been an OK light err 2+ years ago.

There's much better lights to be had these days. At the very least a 3W luxeon LEd light with closer to 75 lumens at the LED or better yet a Cree or SSC P4 based flashlight putting out 70-140 lumens much more efficiently.

TAHAWK

Newly Enlightened
So a "40 lumen" Luxeon is likely to be a 1 watt bulb. Not much of a deal at $24.97 plus their massive shipping charges of $7.99. I suppose "Ultimate" is to compensate.

And for 3 watts I could get 75 lumens. Would that be < 2x the illumination at 3x the power consumption?