street value of mag85 and rop mods

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
i'm building a 2d roar of the pelican and a 3d mag85. i've got a few kinks to work out and a few parts to arrive. but before i continue dumping money into these projects, i kind of already know i'll be selling some of my lights in a month or two. i've been on a huge buying spree, knowing i'll only keep about three. just sell the rest, keep the ones i really like.

my question is, if i sell either the 2d roar of the pelican or the mag85, what is the value i could usually get in the buy/sell forum? these are pretty expensive lights to build the right way.

Senses

Newly Enlightened
Well, MadMaxabeam sold brand new high quality black 3D Mag85's $99 each awhile back, that would be a good reference I guess :)

cutlerylover

Banned
I would say $100 - $150 for a complete setup with charger and everything you need...I ahve been watching for them since I joined the forum, and they sell fast at $100...but when they are scarce they have gone for $150 brand new as well...So in that range for the mag85...Im not sure about the rop, its hard to say since there are so many different versions of both mods...

Makes me think what these woudl sell for on ebay? Im not sure if there would be enough interest in them there to sell high though?

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
The value of a hotwire is equal to the cost of the sum of the parts plus shipping and labor to build it, minus the wear and tear and damage.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brand new Mag85's with good Kiu sockets, FM battery holder & Reflector, etc should go for around $100 or so without batteries.

ROP I have no clue. But you should be able to get the WA1185 at a pretty good price if you buy in large enough quantaties. And FM and Kiu might even cut you a small break on multaples of their offerings.

Shane