inova 24/7 uses

Flash-addict

Newly Enlightened
name a situation that you would use your inova 24/7 or have used it. what are some real world uses? I was just playing with it and wondered how I can really use it.:grin2:

Last edited:

firefly99

Enlightened
Used it as a headlamp, while attempting to change a light bulb on a wall mounted water heater socket switch. Hands holding wires in place and screwdriver.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Put it on one of the flashing modes, and place it inside a pumpkin on halloween!

It has a great low-level light to prevent disturbing people who are sleeping.

Kids get a kick out of the flashing modes.

Cydonia

Enlightened
I've had an Inova 24/7 for just over 3 years now. I first had it on the nightstand for about a year and it saw a lot of use. But now it is connected to the strap on my emergency kit bag beside the bed. I used a key ring through its metal clip slot to attach it securly. Every few months I remember it and check that it works. I replaced the battery once because it was dim from the initial heavy use during that first year. Great light. My favorite modes are the red and yellow pulse and the dim white mode. Wish the red mode was dimmer, it is too bright.

Windscale

Enlightened
It is a great little light.
Small. Does not suck up batteries. Provides sufficient light when it is really dark. Enables the user to see and to be seen.
It has been, and still is, one of my EDCs. I run mine with a rechargeable 123A (3v)and it is working fine.

suvdave

Newly Enlightened
I bring my 24/7 with me on trips. In dark hotel rooms, I have the red "locater" flash mode (between clicks) on while sleeping. It's easy to find in the middle of the night if I have to navigate in a strange room. The red light mode is also good for maintaining night vision when checking books while stargazing.

Campdavid

Newly Enlightened
I attach mine to the back of my kid's wagon when we take them for a walk. Have used it in my tent on camping trips. Once I put it on top of my car while changing a tire. Mostly leave it on my night stand in locator beacon mode (faint red flash every couple of seconds) for use during night time trips to the fridge etc.

Well-Lit

Newly Enlightened
I have had mine for about 6 months now and I'm glad I got the accessories kit with it. First night out, I put on the head band and walked around the back yard with my hands "in my pocket" alternating between hi-lo white and red, adequate enough not to trip over anything or for small chores.

The magnetic strip also comes in handy for me anyway by attaching the 24/7 to different locations in my gun safe so I again can have both hands free.

Still on the same battery..

Regards:
Bob

DaveL

Newly Enlightened
Nice light, but AFTER I bought one are Sharper Image, I found out about the acc. kit (mine came with just the clip and neck strap). Inova would not sell me one separately!!

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened
The IR version is great for setting up a temporary LZ...1 at each corner and instant LZ.

The LE (red/blue) version is great for working detail or bike patrol

Wyeast

Enlightened
Used the tri-color flash as an emergency marker when I had to go rescue a friend whose car had died on a freeway offramp. Used the magnetic mount to stick it on the roof of my car while I helped out. I think having it mounted up high helps compliment flares on the road which may not be easy to spot among cars ahead.

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flash-addict said:
name a situation that you would use your inova 24/7 or have used it. what are some real world uses? I was just playing with it and wondered how I can really use it.:grin2:
It keeps me from getting run over during walking or cycling.

chiphead

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use mine as an emergency beacon as well. I usually keep it in my glovebox in the car now. Although, when I first got it I used to leave it on the nightstand with the locator beacon flashing. It used to be my "trip to the fridge at night" light.....now I use a MiniMag with the red LED drop-in.

Flashlight Enthusiast
its mainly for emergencys only with its sos, and strobes