Any Nissan X-terra owners?

swampgator

Enlightened
My wife just bought (and I'm paying for) a Nissan X-terra. It's a few years old but very nice and well maintained. Any surprises I need to be on the look out for?

Thanks,
'gator

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking to buy a used one as well.. Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Wife has the Xterra's big brother, the Pathfinder. It's a 2005 and has been flawless.

I have a 1997 Maxima with 215,000 miles and had never had any problems, just normal maintenance.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife has a 2001 Xterra, and the AC loses its charge every 3 months. Besides that it has been flawless. The only major problem we have found is that you have to put gas in it to drive it...:awman::)

swampgator

Enlightened
FlashKat said:
The only major problem we have found is that you have to put gas in it to drive it...

Yeah a co-worker told me to only expect about 11 MPG. I told him he's out of his mind.

So the AC is problem issue with all of them or possibly just related your particular model?

I'm impressed with it so far. Finding myself looking at them in traffic and wondering what mine would look like with a bush guard and most importantly, OFF ROAD LIGHTS!

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened
It's an ok grocery-getter, but won't hold up like a 4runner (which is an excellent grocery-getter).

Just don't expect it to do very well off road, and expect Nissan maintenance and longevity versus Toyota. There is a reason they are less expensive.

MPG I'd guess around 13-15. I've had both Toyota and Nissan V-6s, Toyota always got better MPG, and had less issues.

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a co-worker with one and he doesn't get very good mileage either. Seems odd to see a mid sized v6 get 15 mpg and my full size v8 getting 20 mpg.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The AC problem is probably only with my Xterra. The gas mileage does suck, but I tried the Tornado Fuelsaver and the mileage went up very little with a little more torque.
swampgator said:
Yeah a co-worker told me to only expect about 11 MPG. I told him he's out of his mind.

So the AC is problem issue with all of them or possibly just related your particular model?

I'm impressed with it so far. Finding myself looking at them in traffic and wondering what mine would look like with a bush guard and most importantly, OFF ROAD LIGHTS!

swampgator

Enlightened
Datasaurusrex said:
Just don't expect it to do very well off road, and expect Nissan maintenance and longevity versus Toyota. There is a reason they are less expensive.

MPG I'd guess around 13-15. I've had both Toyota and Nissan V-6s, Toyota always got better MPG, and had less issues.

Don't plan on doing anything off road in this. I've got a 4WD Tacoma for that. I agree that nothing can touch Toyota for maintainence free use. I'm getting about 21 mpg with 33" tires and a 3" lift kit, so I'm happy.