Help with Fenix LOD CE.................

NYCblue

Newly Enlightened
I recently got the Fenix LOD CE. I wanted to know if any of you guys experienced what I have. If the light is not completely turned to the on position if flickers and dims. However if its a tight turn all the way then the light operates fine. This seemed to be really sensitive, and annoying. However last night I sprayed some DeOxit gold on the spring and the other side and it works better now for the time being. Anybody have any simliar experiences, know whats going on? Any thoughts, comments, and opinions would be appreciated, thanks!

SoundMix

Newly Enlightened
Mine gave me problems early on. I had to clean the points where the battery makes contact at the head and at the tail. Now all is fine.Good luck with yours.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
You have to consider that the light's UI is based on brief interruptions of the current to change through the different modes. It is therefore understandable that if you are in a situation where the head is not firmly in contact with the body (i.e. not completely tight and/or somewhat dirty) the switching circuit thinks you are playing with the UI and goes crazy.

As usual with Fenixes a good cleaning and some silicone grease tend to cure the problems.

bullpup

Newly Enlightened
Kilovolt said:
As usual with Fenixes a good cleaning and some silicone grease tend to cure the problems.

I have the same problem, What do you use to clean and grease?

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the same problem, What do you use to clean and grease?
To clean use DeOxit available at Radio shack or alcohol. To lube, the popular consensus is silicone grease.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, you will need to use alcohol and a q-tip. Do not get too much alchohol on it, you don't want it squeezing out and going down inside the electronics and reflector.

Fenix seems to be getting too much epoxy on, and it's getting around to the terminal board. Usually patience and several Q-tips will get all of it. Mine was so bad I had to use a dental pick to get rid of the worst.